Cabo, Mazatlan or Pueto Vallarta

Randolphkay

we are going to be in Cabo, Pueto Vallarta and Mazatlan in Dec. we are taking the entire family for our 50th anniversary. One of the major things every one wants to do is snorkel. Could someone whose has been to these places please tell me where the best snorkeling is? Thanks a bunch for all of your help.

Sandy

These Pacific coast ports are just that, on the Pacific ocean. The water color, clarity and variety of fish, coral and reef "stuff" isn't there like the Caribbean or Hawaii. We spend the better part of our Novembers in Vallarta and stopped taking our snorkel gear after year 3.

I rarely recommend booking an excursion that is centered on snorkeling at any of these port. Having said this, I have seen really good feedback from people that make it to Chileno Bay (beach). Reference this site as a starting point: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g152515-d186111-Reviews-Chileno_Beach-Cabo_San_Lucas_Los_Cabos_Baja_California.html I've never done this one but this may be an independent tour: http://www.cabosanlucastours.net/Chileno-Bay.htm

I can't tell you if there are ship or independent excursions. Much of what I have read seems to indicate most people do an outing to Chileno Bay on their own.

Enjoy!!

Edited by MSN-Travelers

we are going to be in Cabo, Pueto Vallarta and Mazatlan in Dec. we are taking the entire family for our 50th anniversary. One of the major things every one wants to do is snorkel. Could someone whose has been to these places please tell me where the best snorkeling is? Thanks a bunch for all of your help.

Sandy

these three ports are going to be packed in december but it is whale watching season and they should be plenty to see...AND DOLPHINS TOO...

The water here on the Pacific coast comes down from Alaska and it doesn't make any stops on the way.:D It is much colder than the Carribean or Florida. I have snorkeled in PV in January but it's not for everyone.

Enjoy,

Ron

http://www.mazatlantours.org/snorkeling.htm

We did the Kolonahe Catamaran to Deer Island in Mazatlan. Lunch was great, and there was a local couple on the beach who had caught lobster that morning and were selling fresh lobster for $10 a plate. This was DELICIOUS, best lobster ever. It was a great excursion, but the above site also offers a private snorkeling tour where they can take you to Goat Island which I hear snorkeling too.

In cabo we took a snorkeling tour that went to Chileano bay, the one posted above. It was nice, but nothing close to the snorkeling in the Caribbean. Water isn't crystal clear anywhere.