what's there to do in Sarande, Albania?

Nothing to see in Sarande, except for the ongoing excavations of a synagogue there, a five-minute stop. Arrange for a private tour to visit Butrint, a World Heritage site, a very ancient Greek/Roman archaeological sight with a fine little museum about 30 or 40 minutes drive from the port. It is in a beautiful location.

I highly recommend you pre-arrange a guide. We used Luis Seiti, a wonderful young man who speaks excellent English and will engage a driver with a nice car and make all arrangements for you.

Edited by CintiPam

• 4 weeks later...
Nothing to see in Sarande, except for the ongoing excavations of a synagogue there, a five-minute stop. Arrange for a private tour to visit Butrint, a World Heritage site, a very ancient Greek/Roman archaeological sight with a fine little museum about 30 or 40 minutes drive from the port. It is in a beautiful location.

I highly recommend you pre-arrange a guide. We used Luis Seiti, a wonderful young man who speaks excellent English and will engage a driver with a nice car and make all arrangements for you.

Our group of four also used Luis Seiti and could not have had a better time. He took us to the 'castle' overlooking the city and to Butrint. His timing (avoiding the tour buses) was wonderful and his expertise was so appreciated. Pam, thank you for this young man's name and contact info!

Rita

• 2 years later...

Hi Pam,

My husband and I will be on a MSC cruise in May going to Sarande and would appreciate the contact information for Luis. Thank you. Cindy Richardson cindyguk@aol.com

We were in Sarande in Oct 2016and had a full day tour with Albania Express Travel. They were very prompt in replies and price was very reasonable. A great tour of Butrint, the Blue Eye, the Castle and the synagogue archeological site in Sarande.

A great day so you might want to check them out on the web.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

http://www.toursbylocals.com/

private-tour-of-saranda-with- an-experienced-private-guide

this is who we ended up using back in Sept. on our day in Sarande port.

You WILL NOT be disappointed.

We had an amazing day filled with beauty, great info, and a phenominal tour guide.

One of the best days of our week long cruise.