-POM shuttle there free and 10 per person back

-Free parking during cruise

-Amounting to around $125.

or

Holiday Inn Express Miami-Arpt Ctrl-Miami Springs

-free breakfast

-check in at 3pm, check out at 11am

-POM shuttle 10 per person each way

-Free parking if using shuttle there and back, otherwise 10 per night.

-Amounting to around $141.

Does anyone have experience at either of these hotels? We will be driving a good distance to this hotel, so something nice would be nice, however we are bargain hunters and can live with whatever we're given.

Additionally, if anyone has any info on the parking here, I'd appreciate it. I'm hearing that parking is sketchy in a lot of places in Miami, and many opt for parking at the port. While port parking is an option, we would prefer to park at our hotel. If everyone says parking is horrible at both of these places, we may do port parking, but like i said- ideally we would like the hotel and shuttle over.

There is a local strip mall across the street form the Hampton Blue Lagoon with multiple dining/fast food options plus grocery, drug and liquor stores for your last minute cruise supplies. ;) Not sure what is around the Holiday Inn.

Lots of cruisers suggest Blue Lagoon hotels - taxi back from POM will be about $30 or about $20 in an Uber if you opt not to use their shuttle.

I would consider staying cheaper outside of Miami (West Palm is about 1.5 hours north, or we have even driven from Orlando to Miami the morning of a cruise in about 4 hours) and then parking at POM; parking there costs $20/day but is covered, convenient and secure. It's your car - do you feel lucky?

Haven't seen the HI, but the Hampton Inn is in a pretty good location....strip mall right across the road has Publix, Burlington Coat Factory, Starbucks, CVS, a lot of dining options and smaller stores.

I am not sure if they provide the $12 pp cruise port transportation (via a third party) but Homewood in Blue Lagoon did.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive stayed at the Hilton blue lagoon a few times pre cruise. I uber to POM for under $20. The pool area is nice, nice bar/lounge with apps as well as an overpriced restaurant. You must get a ticket to enter parking lot which is an OK area. We have had rental cars there and never had a problem. Strip mall a frw blocks away within walking distance. I would leave my car there for a week. Have been lucky checking in early too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums