Is there Shared Ride Service from Cape Liberty to EWR ?

njgirl

Will be arriving on the Summit Repositioning Cruise on Sunday, April 30 and need to get to Newark Airport. As were are 2 people, there was a shared van service that was less money that taking a taxi.

Does anyone know if that still exists?

Also, is there a shuttle that we can take to any of the hotels that are close to the airport?

Thank you !

Will be arriving on the Summit Repositioning Cruise on Sunday, April 30 and need to get to Newark Airport. As were are 2 people, there was a shared van service that was less money that taking a taxi.

Does anyone know if that still exists?

Also, is there a shuttle that we can take to any of the hotels that are close to the airport?

Thank you !

I spoke to the taxi dispatcher when I sailed in February and he confirmed that they offer a shared shuttle to EWR for $20/pp. However, this is a repositioning cruise so you might want to call Bayonne City Yellow Cab 201-339-5000 to confirm that they will be doing this for the Summit.

Do you want to go to a particular EWR hotel? I don't believe that any of the hotels pick up at Cape Liberty for a repo cruise, so I would want to know if the EWR shuttle will drop you at the P4 airtrain station so you can more easily transfer to the particular hotel shuttle you are looking for. What hotel are you interested in?

I spoke to the taxi dispatcher when I sailed in February and he confirmed that they offer a shared shuttle to EWR for $20/pp. However, this is a repositioning cruise so you might want to call Bayonne City Yellow Cab 201-339-5000 to confirm that they will be doing this for the Summit.

Do you want to go to a particular EWR hotel? I don't believe that any of the hotels pick up at Cape Liberty for a repo cruise, so I would want to know if the EWR shuttle will drop you at the P4 airtrain station so you can more easily transfer to the particular hotel shuttle you are looking for. What hotel are you interested in?

Probably the Ramada on Frontage Road.

So you need to go to P4 to connect with the Ramada shuttle.

Thanks. I finally got to talk to a live person a little while ago.

You are correct ... for a shared van/bus it is $20pp from the cruise port to EWR and $25pp to a EWR hotel. Otherwise a cab to the hotel is $69.20 (including toll).

I spoke with the dispatcher who wears a yellow coat and you can find him when exiting the cruise terminal. No advanced reservation is needed. Anyone can go up to him and he will get you what you want.

138 east.....I know you will have answer to this question. Need to fly into EWR night before ...need simple hotel with shuttle service next morning to Liberty. Does the package include pick-up at end of cruise to shuttle back to hotel or preferable airport for flight home. ??

If not , can one get shared ride at dock to EWR

138 east.....I know you will have answer to this question. Need to fly into EWR night before ...need simple hotel with shuttle service next morning to Liberty. Does the package include pick-up at end of cruise to shuttle back to hotel or preferable airport for flight home. ??

If not , can one get shared ride at dock to EWR

What is the exact date you need a hotel?

Thanks. I finally got to talk to a live person a little while ago.

You are correct ... for a shared van/bus it is $20pp from the cruise port to EWR and $25pp to a EWR hotel. Otherwise a cab to the hotel is $69.20 (including toll).

I spoke with the dispatcher who wears a yellow coat and you can find him when exiting the cruise terminal. No advanced reservation is needed. Anyone can go up to him and he will get you what you want.

We are on the same cruise and was looking for the same information. Thanks