Winter flight advice, please

Hello!

I am booked on the February 25th sailing of Norwegian Epic. Flying from Indiana where weather can be unpredictable.Should I fly to Orlando early in am of embarkation or fly in the day before and stay the night in Orlando or at the port.

I know either way could be influenced by weather, just want some input.

Thanks a bunch!

Kim

Hello!

I am booked on the February 25th sailing of Norwegian Epic. Flying from Indiana where weather can be unpredictable.Should I fly to Orlando early in am of embarkation or fly in the day before and stay the night in Orlando or at the port.

I know either way could be influenced by weather, just want some input.

Thanks a bunch!

Kim

always day early in winter . If plane is late and arrives around noon . You might not make the cruise from Port Canaveral. PC is a good hour drive from Orlando . If traffic accident you could be tied up for hours in traffic. No easy detours to PC from Orlando.

I think a quote from Clint Eastwood is apropos, "Are you feeling lucky." Because when you fly out of the North in the winter, expecting everything to be on time does require a dose of luck. Not only do you have to be concerned with being a few hours late...but you also have to worry about a snowstorm (or freezing rain) closing your airport or simply causing the cancellation of your flight. And there is also the added risk that you will make your flight and your luggage will be delayed. So the short answer to your question is, Yes, fly-in at least 1 day early.

Hank

I'd fly in the day before if I was coming from Houston. Since you are coming from the Great White North, I'd get the first flight in the AM the day before.

Flying in the day before is way more reliable and easy on your nerves vs. missing your boat and then filing a claim with trip insurance.

If you can't fly in the day prior to sailing for some reason, look for a plan with a strong "Missed Connection" benefit. TravelSafe is good with $2500 per person to get you to the next/first port of call plus the value of whatever days you miss on the cruise. Some other plans limit this to $500 which I think is not enough.