On board photos

Good Day my fellow Cruisers !!!

I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to via search. ( Probably not phrasing it right). However, regarding on board photos, do they have various "stations" with different backdrops for photo's. Being a prior CCL cruiser, they did things like that.

Just trying to get an idea, would make the photo package worth it for sure.

I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to via search. ( Probably not phrasing it right). However, regarding on board photos, do they have various "stations" with different backdrops for photo's. Being a prior CCL cruiser, they did things like that.

They did on our recent Freedom Cruise.

They had the 'Titanic' Staircase as a backdrop outside the MDR on formal nights, they had some plain white backdrops elsewhere, plus also used the ship features.

I've seen the different photographic backdrops on every Royal cruise we've been on.

Edited by clarea

On Adventure in May we had the unlimited pix on CD. It cost $249 before boarding. However there was an offer at this price once on board.

Over our 15 night cruise we had 169 official photos taken! (Yes we did have time to other things!!) + we paid an extra $100 onboard and got all the prints too.

If I rememebr correctly the large official photos were $22.99 each and the photos at each port were $14.99 each. They did have various packages for 10 photos etc but we didnt pay attention to them as we had a package.

Each evening we would go and pick up the photos from the displays and hand them into the staff to go in our folio. We then checked the kiosk to ensure that the photos were there.

We found it fantatstic value for money but we wouldnt do it again. This was our first RCI cruise.

They did use facial recognition and as long as there is 1 person in the pic from the cabin that booked a package you get the photo.

We had several with friends that we made on the cruise and will mail them the photos.

Grant