Sun-Labor Day-Tuesday assistance

Karen2780

Hello everyone,

Yes, this is ANOTHER itinerary question but I have a more unique situation (well, me and everyone else on my cruise and anyone who takes this particular cruise each year. ). I'll be in Bermuda (1st time) Sun-Mon-Tue however Mon is Labor Day. Arrival on Sunday is 1:30p. We depart on Tuesday at 5:30p.

I've read up on both transportation limits as well as what will be open and closed (and what time things will close) on both Sundays and Labor Day (I'm going with the assumption that this year the St George ferry will run on a Sunday schedule as it did last year. or at least I can hope!).

My vague outline is at follows:

Sunday explore the dockyard area. I know a lot of things close up around 5p so I figured this would just be the easiest seeing as we probably won't step foot on land until 1:30 the earliest.

Monday Labor Day. Last year the orange ferry ran from 9:30a-5:30p. Under the assumption it will be the same this year, we will spend the day over at St George.

Tuesday Hamilton via ferry. Only "must see" (and I know it's small and nothing amazing but I know that my mom will enjoy it) is BAMZ. My plan is to take the 9am ferry over. Should we explore Hamilton THEN take the bus to BAMZ and then backtrack to the ferry? I'd feel most comfortable being back on a ferry (or bus if that' the best way) by 2p to avoid any travel anxiety regarding running late. Is it possible to do this in the time allotted?? The 7-10 min walk up hill from ferry dock in Hamilton to the bus station--it is a very steep hill? (my mom has rheumatoid arthritis. she can walk around fine but I don't want to MAKE her have to walk up a huge hill if I can/should avoid it with a cab even)

I'm open to any suggestions as well. (we plan to see Tobacco Beach when we are in ST G in lieu of going over to Horseshoe.)

Tuesday Hamilton via ferry. Only "must see" (and I know it's small and nothing amazing but I know that my mom will enjoy it) is BAMZ. My plan is to take the 9am ferry over. Should we explore Hamilton THEN take the bus to BAMZ and then backtrack to the ferry? I'd feel most comfortable being back on a ferry (or bus if that' the best way) by 2p to avoid any travel anxiety regarding running late. Is it possible to do this in the time allotted?? The 7-10 min walk up hill from ferry dock in Hamilton to the bus station--it is a very steep hill? (my mom has rheumatoid arthritis. she can walk around fine but I don't want to MAKE her have to walk up a huge hill if I can/should avoid it with a cab even)

Yes, backtrack.

The St. George ferry "running on a Sunday schedule" would mean there would be no St. George ferry service, because that route only runs Mon. through Fri. Do you mean on the regular Monday schedule on Labor Day?

Yes, sorry I did mean Monday. This is what happens when I play on cruise critic while at work. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
We took the bus that picks up right outside the aquarium back to the boat.

Hi!

If you're docked in Hamilton or St. George, yes. If you're docked at the Royal Naval Dockyard, no...you would have to take two buses or a bus and a ferry.

You are right,I forgot to about that. I know we took the ferry then the bus to and from the aquarium. Then we must have taken another bus back to the boat, because I only remember one ferry ride that day.

You are right,I forgot to about that. I know we took the ferry then the bus to and from the aquarium. Then we must have taken another bus back to the boat, because I only remember one ferry ride that day.

What njhorseman is saying is if you didn't take a bus and ferry coming back from the aquarium you would have had to take two buses coming back. Changing buses in Hamilton to get to the Dockyard. You can't do it taking one bus.

What njhorseman is saying is if you didn't take a bus and ferry coming back from the aquarium you would have had to take two buses coming back. Changing buses in Hamilton to get to the Dockyard. You can't do it taking one bus.

Thanks, I understood it when NJhorseman explained.

I did take two buses, we ended up caught in a rainstorm while waiting for the bus to the backyard.