Post Cruise or Pre Cruise day stay

mrrobb

Cruise booked.. that's the most important part :)

More leaning towards flying in instead of driving

Debating on coming in super early on a Sun and and staying before a Mond cruise, or, Coming in on a Mond and go right to the port, and stay in NO Sat night after the cruise

Guess it depends on where the best place to stay, transferring from airport to cruise port/or hotel... or cruise port to hotel then airport next day

Decision decisions ...I hate making them. It took me a month to decide which ship we should take

Depending on when the cruise is I would lean toward being there early. I know I would not want to fly in on the day of a cruise to NOLA because it is a connecting flight from everywhere and I would not want to take a chance on missing my ship. NOLA is a great city and you will not have enough time to see everything even if you stated a week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Sail out on a Monday. I'm thinking of flying in the day before and stay the night.

Ship returns 8am Saturday. I wonder if any near hotels that we could check in that early for another night's stay

We had the same thoughts about going a day early for our Monday cruise. We are driving and don't want to take a chance of delays causing us to miss the ship. Besides, DH and the kids haven't ever been to NOLA, so we're looking forward to having time to explore.

Greetings!!! I haven't scheduled my flight back from NOLA because the prices are too high. The prices finally went down, but the flight doesn't leave until 8pm. Are there things near the airport that I can get into? I don't want to get a hotel room just because I will have a 12 hour wait for my flight. Thanks in advance.

There is stuff to do all over the city. Are you going to have access to a car in the time between disembarkation and when you check in for your flight?

If you do, then I would drive to Vacherie and check out one of the plantations. Oak Alley is the one most people think of when they think of a Louisiana plantation, but there are others. The one I would recommend is Plantation Laura, which is just a few miles away from Oak Alley. Laura gives quite a bit more depth and I feel they tie the plantation into NOLA through the family's winter home being in the city. They also show you the slaves quarters and what those were like for the slave families. It also has ties to the story "Br'er Rabbit".

If you don't have a car and are using a taxi, I would find a way to get back down toward the Quarter to find something.

Most people don't think of Kenner when they think of NOLA, but there are little things to do here and there out that way.

I won't have a car :( so I will have to check out your taxi options. Or..... I can rent a car for a day. It can't be more than what I would pay to tour the city in cab fare. Since I will have the daylight to burn, I may as well make the most of it. My friend that is flying back to Atlanta wont leave until 6pm. Thanks, I have a new outlook. We are arriving the day prior to sailing so, whatever we miss on Wednesday, we can do on Monday.

Thank you. I am no longer dreding the late flight now. :)

So.... We've decided to fly in and arrive at 930am on a Sunday, prior to our Monday cruise. Hope to find a hotel that allows us to check in that early...

Then fly back home Sat evening. I figured we could have our bags waiting for us at the airport and spend at least half a day more in the city after our 8am cruise return that Sat.