Hoodies and T-shirts

KOOLBEANS

Where is a good place to buy hoodies and T-shirts and stuff? We are staying in the FQ but can take the streetcar around. Want to get a couple mardi gras shirts etc.

Hoping to get answers before I leave on Feb 7.

Thanks so much!!!

There are lots of the very typical "touristy" type of t-shirt shops all along Decatur Street in the French Quarter.

If you want a bit of better quality t-shirt that are more unique, to to Fleurty Girl - http://www.fleurtygirl.net/new.html

632 St Peter St, New Orleans (504) 304-5529

St Peter runs along side of Jackson Square.

Fleurty Girl has the most unique shirts and other items that are hard to find anywhere else in the FQ. They also have a store in the suburbs of New Orleans because locals like to shop there too. There will be a ton of t-shirts on the wall to pick from. There will be shirts with phrases tourist may not understand at first, but go ask. They will be happy to explain them. For example, there is one that says, "Don't eat da straight ones" That is a saying every native knows and grew up hearing. it means, if there is a crawfish thats tail stayed straight (as opposed to curling up) after being boiled, you don't eat it because it means the crawfish was already dead when put into the pot.

All kind of funny, local saying and nice styles.

Edited by World Gallery

The police department on Royal Street (next to Cafe Beignet) sells department t-shirts. My husband likes police/fire shirts from various locations. They are a different type of souvenir, and the sale supports local station efforts. Cost: $15.

Dick and Jane

Chicago, Illinois

I remember watching the evening news and the city was wanting to crack down on vendors that sold shirts. It seems the tacky tourist shirts are sold everywhere you go. It is true, it isn't hard to find a place that sells shirts. I must admit, I bought a pink Princess 1, but I will buy the "I got Bourbon Faced on **** Street" shirt next time.....

Fleurty Girl is great, but if you get the opportunity to head down to Magazine street check out Storyville apparel as well. Storyville has some great shirts too!

http://www.storyvilleapparel.com/shop/mardi-gras

If you see a family of 8 wearing these on St. Charles on Sunday, it will be me. :D

http://www.storyvilleapparel.com/nola-seasons-female-v-neck.html

• 1 month later...
The police department on Royal Street (next to Cafe Beignet) sells department t-shirts. My husband likes police/fire shirts from various locations. They are a different type of souvenir, and the sale supports local station efforts. Cost: $15.

Dick and Jane

Chicago, Illinois

I am so excited to see this....I am the administrative asst/ records at our department and I have 12 officers and would love to get all of them a department t shirt from the local station there when we go!!! AWESOME!!!!

Dick and Jane

Chicago, Illinois

Stop by N.O.F.D.'s central fire station (317 Decatur St. - just two blocks from the NOPD's 8th district station on Royal) they too sell dept. NOFD shirts and hats.

I am so excited to see this....I am the administrative asst/ records at our department and I have 12 officers and would love to get all of them a department t shirt from the local station there when we go!!! AWESOME!!!!

It is a great gift and souvenir! Dick has shirts from all over the world.

Dick and Jane

Chicago, Illinois

• 4 weeks later...