Large cabana great stirrup Cay

Sparkygirl

Does anyone have pictures of the stairs to the large cabanas and how far they are from the water? Debating if one will work for our family as I've heard they might now work for limited mobility which is a scale of access needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I do not have photos but I made it a point to check out these cabanas when I was there last week for another member who had some mobility issues. The cabanas have water views as they are placed on a perch of land, not very high up, but above sea level, and would not call them ideally located for someone with mobility issues. There are concrete steps, though they are not steep but more shallow and wide, I would estimate a bit more than a dozen. I recommended the smaller cabanas to the other cc member because they seemed easier to maneuver and found several nice ones on what is called the Fiesta Beach part of the island which has very easy access to the tram transport on the island, it stops just steps from the cabana. I also asked one of the island lifeguards about what assistance was availble for someone who may need it and was told getting assistance would not be an issue. Hope this helps.