Best Way to get to Marigot and Back from Port

Host Carolyn

We want to go to Marigot for the day since we've always been to St Maarten in its "off season". Are there shuttles from port to Marigot. Wouldn't mind a 'tour" as long as we had 3 hours or so there for shopping and lunch but doubt tour would stay that long?

If you like to do it on your own time, then I recommend you the public busses leaving from Downtown Philipsburg at Backstreet.

It's about 15 min walk from the port and the Busses are all Minivans

that have on their licenceplate "Bus" instead of "Taxi" and mostly they have a cartboard-sign in their wind screen stating Marigot.

It's only 3 Dollars each way and you will see about every 5 to 10 min a bus running. But still keep in mind that traffic can be heavy and you should leave Marigot at least 2 hours before the time you have to be back on board. (If you find a fully loaded taxi directly at the port it might be about 9 dollars per person; the fewer people in a taxi the more expensive it will be).

If you like to do it on your own time, then I recommend you the public busses leaving from Downtown Philipsburg at Backstreet.

It's about 15 min walk from the port and the Busses are all Minivans

that have on their licenceplate "Bus" instead of "Taxi" and mostly they have a cartboard-sign in their wind screen stating Marigot.

It's only 3 Dollars each way and you will see about every 5 to 10 min a bus running. But still keep in mind that traffic can be heavy and you should leave Marigot at least 2 hours before the time you have to be back on board. (If you find a fully loaded taxi directly at the port it might be about 9 dollars per person; the fewer people in a taxi the more expensive it will be).

Which way does the bus go from Philipsburg to Marigot? Is it the same bus that goes to Maho and then through the Mullet Bay golf course, past the Cupocoy area ect.. If that is the case then for $3 you get a nice 1/2 tour of the island. On the way back I would suggest you taxi back though.

Most stores in Marigot are closed from 1-3 so keep that in mind while planning your visit there.

• 2 weeks later...
I heard that there is a water taxi that you can take. I would love any information anyone has on this water taxi.

I have only seen a sign for a water taxi in Marigot that returns cruisers to the port and have never seen or heard of a company that pick ups cruisers via boat from the pier or Philipsburg and takes them to Marigot.

• 2 weeks later...

Is bus now $3 to Marigot or is it $2? Has the price gone up? Anyone did the bus to Maho from Marigot? I read you have to switch bus which I pretty much figure out where...I read the ride is then $1.50? and then another $1.5 to Maho? Can anyone confirm?

Thanks