Changes to the majesty

Has anyone any news on the changes to the Majesty? Is the buffet better with the structural changes to San Marco?

Hi Fife, in the absence of any other answers, this is a thread from a few days ago have a post or two which may answer your question - but sorry - we did go off thread a bit after that! (Guilty as charged :o )

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2012263

According to Mary on facebook, who went on the Majesty last week, both buffets were open. Unfortunately the food in San Marco was not very hot as it was being heated by candles :eek: under the containers, whereas the cold food was on a proper serving counter. If you are on facebook, you may be able to see the pictures she put on. She said the food in the old buffet was hotter, but it was very crowded.

According to Mary on facebook, who went on the Majesty last week, both buffets were open. Unfortunately the food in San Marco was not very hot as it was being heated by candles :eek: under the containers, whereas the cold food was on a proper serving counter. If you are on facebook, you may be able to see the pictures she put on. She said the food in the old buffet was hotter, but it was very crowded.

If I remember correctly Linda, didn't they have that kind of serving dish with candles in the main restaurant in the mornings for a buffet-style breakfast too? I think it was set up in the central raised area. We ate breakfast there most days. I wonder whether they are still doing the buffet breakfast in the mdr now they have converted the San Marco area for additional self service.

Can't remember now Kruzseeka. We did go to the main restaurant most days for breakfast as the buffet was too crowded. I should think they would still be doing buffet in the MDR, most ships do. I shall have to go back on and check these things out :D:D

Yes they might be - but it just occurred to me that with the extra space now in San Marco they may offer only waiter service in the MDR and not the buffet help yourself style breakfast too.

Yes, you'll have to try out some of these new itineraries next year and the Platinum experience! ;) Don't hold your breath on that one though we've been there before! Still any up-grade/refurb is to be welcomed as long as people's expectations aren't raised then dashed! The itineraries look good though. :)

I was actually thinking of another one this year :D My Greek portfolio is a bit thin :( I must admit the Croatia ones look good for next summer though, much better than P&O! Less sea days for a start! Not worried about 'platinum' more concerned about no illness on board !

I was actually thinking of another one this year :D My Greek portfolio is a bit thin :( I must admit the Croatia ones look good for next summer though, much better than P&O! Less sea days for a start! Not worried about 'platinum' more concerned about no illness on board !

Yes that is a concern, and I can appreciate your preoccupation with this issue. Sadly for all of us it's a matter of booking and fingers crossed! :rolleyes:

Oops, sorry about my "preoccupation" :o Won't mention it again:D:D

No need to apologise, Linda. :) As I said it's very understandable. A bad experience such as you had must make you very wary as you definitely don't want to go through that again. So it must colour your thoughts and choices in the future especially in respect of ships. Any poor experience makes us all think twice before booking again. We've been lucky but I'm not sure I know how I'd feel if it happened to us. I just hope it wouldn't put me off cruising altogether! :eek::D

Hi Fife, in the absence of any other answers, this is a thread from a few days ago have a post or two which may answer your question - but sorry - we did go off thread a bit after that! (Guilty as charged :o )

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2012263

Going OT is one of my traits:o

Nothing more to add really, but you may have a point Kruz about the MDR shutting for breakfast, do they really need 4 restaurants open then, they may have just moved service to the San Marco. Nothing was mentioned last week on FB about it.

As I have said before we always preferred the cafe Royale for breakfast anyway, but it sounds like it's now busier than ever, and that would make sense if they have closed the large MDR to serve in the San Marco.

I will be finding out very soon. :D:D:D

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Not as soon as us Joe LOL!

LOL... I know, and I still haven't worked out what to do in Toulon on a Sunday :confused::confused:

Might be the Cassis trip, or just a walk to the beach.

the EMT have a good bus map of Valencia that might interest you:

http://www.emtvalencia.es/ciudadano/images/stories/pdf/ZonaDescargas/2011/folletoturis_abril2011.pdf

Here's me going OT again, bad boy...

Edited by joeholiday2

LOL... I know, and I still haven't worked out what to do in Toulon on a Sunday :confused::confused:

Might be the Cassis trip, or just a walk to the beach.

the EMT have a good bus map of Valencia that might interest you:

http://www.emtvalencia.es/ciudadano/images/stories/pdf/ZonaDescargas/2011/folletoturis_abril2011.pdf

Here's me going OT again, bad boy...

Thanks for the link - much appreciated. Actually we enjoyed Cassis so much last time we may be tempted to return depending on the weather forecast nearer the time - you need it to be clear to get the amazing views from the high coast road.

We arrived back yesterday from the majesty. To be honest we found the Plazza San Marco somewhat lacking, as somebody said earlier the Buffett food was kept warm by candles (or similar) and it really didn't work. They really need to invest in some proper Buffett permanent style servers with down lights as well as heating underneath the food. We only ate breakfast and dinner there once MDR was far better for all meals. The evening we at dinner there was just OK. To be honest it all felt a bit like a staff canteen. The MDR was far superior .

Hot foods should be kept at an internal temperature of 140° F or warmer.

• Use a food thermometer to check. Serve or keep food hot in chafing dishes, slow cookers, and warming trays.
  • Be aware that some warmers only hold food at 110° F to 120° F, so check the product label to make sure your warmer has the capability to hold foods at 140° F or warmer. This is the temperature that’s required to keep bacteria at bay!

ucm328201.png