Flight Times out of NOLA for a Sunday Arrival

NellieVA

Curious if anyone has experience with NCL in New Orleans, as far as disembarkation goes? We're arriving back on 17 April, and I've booked a 10:30am flight out. We had such a great disembarkation process aboard the Epic back in August, I figured 10:30 was plenty of time....now I'm wondering, based on some comments I'm reading on the NOLA page. Anyone with experience?

I would never book a flight before noon. I just got off a cruise in Miami and I think we were to the airport before 9 am for my 12:40 pm flight.

What happens if you hit a full customs like I did out of NOLA, and people were still getting off at 1:30 pm .. took over 2 hours at best, no matter when you got in line.

I was on Ecstasy when we hit the dock..10 am before I could get onto a elevator.

Just have a back up plan as about 30% of my cruises, I had issues disembarking.

I have experience but am never in a hurry to exit a cruise ship, always grab a porter at that.

If you call NCL, I imagine they will tell you noon or 12:30pm.

You might could make 10:30am with some sort of priority sell-disembarkation, but there are too many variables that neither NCL nor you have control over that could easily mess it up.

If you can change the flight to an early afternoon flight, I would. You never know what traffic around the CBD (Central Business District) will be like on a Sunday morning. Especially with a couple or thress cruise ships in port that will have passengers coming in and leaving all at the same time.

I found this on the Internet:

Airport Transportation The Louis Armstrong International Airport (MSY) is approximately 17 miles from the cruise terminal complexes. Please allow approximately 45 minutes travel time. There are three basic means of transportation from the airport to the cruise terminal.

Here's the website that I found it on: http://www.neworleanstophotels.com/cruise.html

Archived