NoChina river cruises for May or June 2014?

chrismch

Can't seem to find any notices for Viking or Uniworld in doing cruises/tours in China after March of 2014? Do they not book that far out? Or is it because it is the 25th anniversary of the Tiananmin Square massacre and tours plan to steer clear of it for that time frame?

• 2 weeks later...

You are welcome. I still do not get how river cruise companies manage to charge 3-4 times!!! more for a China trip providing pretty same itinerary and calling it "a cruise" where the cruise portion is usually 5 nights only.

You are welcome. I still do not get how river cruise companies manage to charge 3-4 times!!! more for a China trip providing pretty same itinerary and calling it "a cruise" where the cruise portion is usually 5 nights only.

They charge more but they provide more. All meals, tours to Great Wall, Forbidden City, Terracotta Warriors were included in the price of the package of the cruise we took with Viking. We did not have to figure out meals each night and we didn't have to pay extra or make arrangements to visit the most popular of the attractions on the itinerary.

You also need to read the fine print on some of the tours.... Some do NOT include intra-country flights in the package. I have looked at some packages that seem to be a really great price - until I add in all of the "extras".

Fran

Archived