NZ Oct 2016

G'day all

Thought about posting in el cheepo but thought I'd start a new Thread.

My daughter and her friend are looking to do a cruise around Oct next year to NZ.

They are 30 and 35 (or thereabouts) but to put it bluntly old soles.

I think Princess, Celebrity and Royal are likely to be best picks for them.

One lives in NSW one just outside Brisbane.

If none spots any good deals please give me a heads up.

I suspect they want a balcony.

G'day all

Thought about posting in el cheepo but thought I'd start a new Thread.

My daughter and her friend are looking to do a cruise around Oct next year to NZ.

They are 30 and 35 (or thereabouts) but to put it bluntly old soles.

I think Princess, Celebrity and Royal are likely to be best picks for them.

One lives in NSW one just outside Brisbane.

If none spots any good deals please give me a heads up.

I suspect they want a balcony.

its not cheap yet but if they book early and pick the cabin they want and book with a TA that honours price drops just in case it drops in price

Ship Name: Sun Princess Cruise Code: S619 Departure Date: Tuesday, 4 October 2016 Cruise Name: New Zealand Nights: 13 Departing: Sydney

its not cheap yet but if they book early and pick the cabin they want and book with a TA that honours price drops just in case it drops in price

Ship Name: Sun Princess Cruise Code: S619 Departure Date: Tuesday, 4 October 2016 Cruise Name: New Zealand Nights: 13 Departing: Sydney

Thanks

So far that or Sea out of Brisbane are looking good.

I'd probably put them onto my Princess Consultant because I know they'd then get price drops, and maybe a bit of OBC if I spoke nicely.

Edited by GUT2407

Thanks

So far that or Sea out of Brisbane are looking good.

I'd probably put them onto my Princess Consultant because I know they'd then get price drops, and maybe a bit of OBC if I spoke nicely.

disregard this post as i made an error

Edited by rkmw

if they can go in november the Emerald goes from Sydney

Ship Name: Emerald Princess Cruise Code: E635 Departure Date: Tuesday, 15 November 2016 Cruise Name: New Zealand Nights: 13 Departing: Sydney

if they can go in november the Emerald goes from Sydney

Ship Name: Emerald Princess Cruise Code: E635 Departure Date: Tuesday, 15 November 2016 Cruise Name: New Zealand Nights: 13 Departing: Sydney

Actually that might be a good option.

It is not actually cheap, but Solstice has a cruise 14th Nov 16 that goes from Sydney around NZ and back to Sydney, 13 nights.

It is one of the few, if any Solstice NZ trips that doesn't terminate at Auckland or start at Auckland. I wouldn't mind finishing at Auckland if we had time to spend over there another time, but 2 to 3 weeks is about our preferred time frame, and I found it was not relaxing to finish our last Solstice trip and fly home that afternoon, as we still have a 6 hr drive from Sydney.

The sale is still on at the moment for the free perk, and I would recommend the drink package perk is a good option. It is something you need to add up depending on what people want to do on the ship, but I am not usually much of a drinker, and I find the coffee, water and drinks I would have make that special very attractive to me.

It appears the Celebrity website has had some repairs recently, so it is worth looking at a dummy booking to check out the prices.

It is possible that some sort of guarantee offer for a balcony could come up closer to sail date, but then the drink package may not be on offer.

Just a thought :)

It is not actually cheap, but Solstice has a cruise 14th Nov 16 that goes from Sydney around NZ and back to Sydney, 13 nights.

It is one of the few, if any Solstice NZ trips that doesn't terminate at Auckland or start at Auckland. I wouldn't mind finishing at Auckland if we had time to spend over there another time, but 2 to 3 weeks is about our preferred time frame, and I found it was not relaxing to finish our last Solstice trip and fly home that afternoon, as we still have a 6 hr drive from Sydney.

The sale is still on at the moment for the free perk, and I would recommend the drink package perk is a good option. It is something you need to add up depending on what people want to do on the ship, but I am not usually much of a drinker, and I find the coffee, water and drinks I would have make that special very attractive to me.

It appears the Celebrity website has had some repairs recently, so it is worth looking at a dummy booking to check out the prices.

It is possible that some sort of guarantee offer for a balcony could come up closer to sail date, but then the drink package may not be on offer.

Thanks I'll have a look at that one.

Neither of them drink so not a real issue.

Thanks I'll have a look at that one.

Neither of them drink so not a real issue.

there's not much difference in price between Solstice and the Emerald except the Emerald will be in AUD currency and no tipping where as the Solstice is USD and tips are extra

if you do the Emerald join the ship in Melbourne and do a b2b and if you are elite you will get 2 lots of mini bar....i'm booked on the 2 dayer from Melb to Sydney but dont know if i'll stay on and do the NZ cruise

I think current prices old rule this one out for them. Thanks.

there's not much difference in price between Solstice and the Emerald except the Emerald will be in AUD currency and no tipping where as the Solstice is USD and tips are extra

if you do the Emerald join the ship in Melbourne and do a b2b and if you are elite you will get 2 lots of mini bar....i'm booked on the 2 dayer from Melb to Sydney but dont know if i'll stay on and do the NZ cruise

Neither of them have any status to speak of, 2 nd cruise for one, I think first for the other. I think they're hoping to embark either Sydney or Brisbane as one is on Sunshine Coast other in Newcastle.

Looking at some of the NZ cruises they isn't much around for under the $6000 price range (for a balcony) reckon they should jump on Voyager and take it to Singapore with flights back it wouldn't be that much more if not the same

By the way I have nothing against NZ loved it when we went just giving options

Yes, NZ is generally more expensive than other destinations around this area. But I love going to NZ. There is so much to do from the ports.

The ships are both nice and big for a trip to NZ.

When you book Solstice you can book in AUD on their site (unless you are using a US TA, don't have experience with that), so it is only the on board spending that is in US. If you are going to NZ you can safely do your own excursions, so if they are not spending on drinks there would not be much spending onboard.

So it gets down to room size/position for the price they would look at.

The only difference in itinerary is Picton/Napier on Emerald, and Solstice has an overnighter at Tauranga which gives people heaps of time to go to Rotorua.

I think current prices old rule this one out for them. Thanks.

If you are looking balcony then Emerald is similar if not a touch more expensive from what I can see. We might be looking at different sites.

I would say rule of thumb, you would be hard pressed for 12-14 nights to NZ in a balcony for less than 5 to 6 thousand twin share. As had been stated by Chester32.

There is another 55,000 tonne ship Pacific Eden going about the same time from Brisbane. I wouldn't recommend a small ship to NZ anyhow, but it is even more expensive.

Maybe it would be worth their time to wait and see what specials come past. Do you have an approximate budget for them?

Edited by goodycruising

I suspect it's another problem itch the celebrity site (what a shock if so) but it was showing $5000 pp for a balcony (I figured a mistake but a mick booking showd it right through) Emarald is showing about $3000. They think $3 is doable.

I plan to check celebrity again in a few days to see if they've fixed it.

The prices on Celebrity Aussie site and an Oz online TA are both from less than 3g and a little more for better balconies. They have the special at the moment of one free perk, so they could pick grats if they didn't want the drink package.

You might need to clear your cache on your computer? The only glitch I have had is the perk choice, yesterday I had the options showing (took a screen shot for a different 9 night cruise), today it is back to OBC by default.

gobigbetterbest.jpg