Slr camera on zip rider at icy strait point

galeforce9

Is it possible to take an slr camera on the zip rider at icy strait point. Has anyone done it and are there any requirements you have to meet other than having a neck strap? I've seen mention of cameras requiring a lanyard but don't understand what they mean

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I went 2 years ago and they asked me to put my purse zipped inside my jacket, but I could have held my camera. They recommended I put the strap of my camera around my wrist, but I didn't end up using it and I only had a point and shoot.

I would not recommend taking a camera on this zipline. It is very fast, very high and an abrupt stop at the end. You will need your hands/arms to help absorb the shock at the end.

I would not recommend taking a camera on this zipline. It is very fast, very high and an abrupt stop at the end. You will need your hands/arms to help absorb the shock at the end.

Hi, I'm booked on this zip rider and really looking forward to it. When you say the shock at the end, how abrupt is the stop? It's not a smooth stop? Does it stop by itself or do you have a break that you have to pull or anything like that?

It is not a smooth stop....very abrupt. You do not control the stop. I know many people love this excursion, but I much prefer the regular zip line where you are going between trees.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is not a smooth stop....very abrupt. You do not control the stop. I know many people love this excursion, but I much prefer the regular zip line where you are going between trees.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Gotchya, any advice or suggestions for preparing for this landing so I don't get hurt? Like try to keep my head back or anything like that? lol

My best advice is to be prepared for the "whip-lash" like ending....keep your head as stable as possible and your core tight...that will help minimize the effect. And keep looking forward! Have fun and enjoy your cruise! :)

My best advice is to be prepared for the "whip-lash" like ending....keep your head as stable as possible and your core tight...that will help minimize the effect. And keep looking forward! Have fun and enjoy your cruise! :)

Thanks, definitely the best advice! 31 more days till my cruise! :)