Disembarking in Whittier

cruisebie

When you disembark in Whittier does it work differently than other ports? I was planning to take the Princess transfer to the airport to pick up a rental car for the next couple of days. Can I do self walk off and then take the first available transfer or are these scheduled?

• 4 weeks later...

Everything is scheduled.

The 1st passengers off are usually the early airport departures. Not sure if they will let you on those buses, they might.

Then the train passengers get off.

Then everyone else with later transfers.

• 8 months later...

I am trying to figure out our schedule for disembarkation day and have a similar question. We do not have a schedule as we are just picking up our car at the airport for a DIY tour. So I am assuming we will be one of the last ones off. Will we be on our bus by 9:00 am? Also does the Princess transfer make any stops or does it just drive straight through? I was thinking we might be in Anchorage by 10 am but maybe a little later?

Depends what transfers you are arranging? It's simply a walk off in Whittier. There is no problem with getting off the ship when the gangway is set, usually by 7am, IF you carry all your own luggage. Tunnel opens on the hour.

• 4 weeks later...

Our experience from last year: There was no way to know in advance when your transfer time will be. They will deliver your transfer tickets to your cabin with the assigned times on them. You might be able to check with guest services once on board if you want an earlier time, but we didn't bother. Like you we were just heading to the airport to pick up a car for a DIY tour. The disembark process was very organized and went like clockwork. I would say we were at the airport by 10: 00. You pick up your luggage at the airport which was also very well organized. Overall, it was the smoothest disembarkation I've ever experienced.😊

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Forums mobile app

Our experience from last year: There was no way to know in advance when your transfer time will be. They will deliver your transfer tickets to your cabin with the assigned times on them. You might be able to check with guest services once on board if you want an earlier time, but we didn't bother. Like you we were just heading to the airport to pick up a car for a DIY tour. The disembark process was very organized and went like clockwork. I would say we were at the airport by 10: 00. You pick up your luggage at the airport which was also very well organized. Overall, it was the smoothest disembarkation I've ever experienced.😊

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much for the update! 10:00 was my rough estimate so we'll just plan on that. I hope you enjoyed your cruise!

• 10 months later...
Do you need to go through customs in Whittier? I'm booking a shuttle (not from the cruise line) that wants us to check-in by 8:30 am and I'm trying to decide when I need to leave the ship.

No, you go thru US customs in Vancouver as you board the ship.