Flying into Houston, have some questions.

Markmom18

Hi,

First time going out of Galveston. We are going late February 2018, flying in from LAX. Some questions I have:

1). Landing around 5:00pm at Hobby, Friday night. Is there a reasonabley priced reliable shuttle that will take the 3 of us to Galveston that night? About how long approx (with traffic) should expect?

2) "We" are 3 adult women. Need 2 beds and a couch bed ( that won't kill our backs)! Anybody have a hotel recommendation?

I think that's about it.

:)

We have cruised out of Galveston a number of times. We also fly in from the west coast. I have found it much more convenient and far less expensive to stay in Houston by the airport when we arrive. Tons of places to stay too.

The next morning we take a shuttle (Galveston Express) to the port. After a 4 hour flight, I have no desire to take a 1 hour shuttle to Galveston.

We are able to drive to Galveston, but rendezvous with family who flew in to Hobby. Plenty of reasonable hotels right by the airport. We stayed at a Hampton which had two queen studio suites with a pull out couch. As others have said, you should leave an hour to get to port, but we've done that drive a couple of times in less than 40 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums