Freedom Deck 12 Family Panoramic Ocean View Room

Woodmnky....here are some pictures of the Family Ocean View Room. We were in 1804 and this is the view. If I remember correctly, the room has either six or seven full windows. I also think you room will be reverse of 1804...your bed will be on the right as you walk in as ours was on the left.

IMG_4008_zpsk53p5o6d.jpg

The middle closet door was left open here, so you actually do have some room between the night stand and the closet. I will say though, the closet door next to the wall could not be opened all the way as it hits the night stand. There is not a great deal of room between the bed and the ledge at the base of the window. I had to turn sideways to walk to the top of the bed. We would use the ledge to store our backpacks and extra stuff. I think you could also put your shoes there to open up some floor closet space.

IMG_4009_zpsbdiuo15u.jpg

This is looking from the bed back across the room to the desk area. I thought the safe was smaller than what we have had in the past. I had to always put our iPad in the safe first or the door will not shut. We would have to completely remove everything we had in the safe in order to put the iPad back in. Storage is at a premium in this room when you have 5-6 people. This also shows the back side of the wall for the TV. The wall does rotate so that the TV can either face the couch as it is here or be moved to face the bed.

IMG_4002_zps7y0ty9fo.jpg

Here are the closet doors opened. As you can see, the door on the far right will not open all the way. This room is also different from the Navigator of the Seas in that the bunk beds are directly behind the closet. On the Navigator, the bunks are on the left as you walk into the room.

IMG_4001_zpsbnofsohv.jpg

This picture is as you walk in the room with the bunks straight ahead. On the Navigator, the bunks are on the left as you walk in and the full bath and half bath are on the right. On Freedom, the full bath is on the left before the bunks, and the half bath in on the right.

IMG_4004_zpsrqnraw2j.jpg

This is the bottom bunk with a shelf at the top of the bed.

IMG_4006_zps1a5g4zqw.jpg

This is the closet in the bunk room. Between this and the full size closet, storage is at a premium.

IMG_4005_zpszvpgalqb.jpg

This is the half bath across from the bunks and the full bath. You can see the door to the stateroom on the right.

IMG_4011_zpsxxifzxw7.jpg

Overall, we really loved this room. The view is just Awesome! Every morning I would roll over and pull back the curtain to see where we were without getting out of bed. We also loved being having this vantage point when pulling into port. It is just a great place watch everything both on sea days as well as going and coming from each port.

The location is certainly extreme as far as being so far from several areas of the ship. To get to and from the pool was great and a very short walk. Going to the Windjammer, Olive or Twist, JR's, and Sport Court were easy walks as well. However, it was a haul to get to the main dinning room. This was our 4th cruise on this class ship and we have either been on deck seven or eight. We did find that we took the elevators way more often than our previous cruises as the walk to get to the Promenade, Schooner Bar, Theater, Studio B was far.

Storage for this room was difficult. There is just not enough for six people. The space of the room is great. Even with six people together, we never felt cramped or on top of each other. The additional Half Bath was a blessing.

Noise for the most part was good, but there are issues. We never heard anything from the rooms next door or from the gym below. However, on two mornings (before sunrise) we could hear chairs being moved on the large deck area above our room. It was only for a brief moment, but they can be heard. On two other mornings (again well before sunrise) they decided to pressure wash the deck above us. It probably lasted for about five minutes. Not sure why they selected that time to pressure wash, but they did and it was loud. The night we left Cozumel, the winds had picked up more than we had all week. That night was probably the worst for noise as the wind made the front structure of the ship whistle and howl the entire night. It probably bothered me more than the rest of the family and I don't think the two in the bunk room heard a thing all night. Dealing with that one night was OK....if I had several nights with the high winds, it would probably impact my thoughts on the room.

I think my entire family would say this is now our favorite room even with the storage issues. Everyone just loved the view from here. I think the large windows make the room appear even bigger than it actually is.

Looks exactly the same as 1804, deck 12 on the Voyager of the Seas. We had the room recently in calm seas and wondered about movement in rougher conditions. Loved the room and the views, very spacious for 3 of us.

Thank you so much for sharing these pictures! I'm not in Woodmnky, but we booked 1854 for our April holiday and now I am even more excited!

So again, thank you for taking the time to post these.

A.

Bump in case Woodmnky missed.

Thank you so much. I did miss this last night. This is our room as well. It looks beautiful. Thankfully we will only have 4, so hopefully storage won't be as big of a problem.

I forgot to ask if anyone in your family used the bed in the couch? If so, how did they like it (and was it an adult or child)? We are debating who will sleep there and I any insight as to how comfortable that bed is will help.

I forgot to ask if anyone in your family used the bed in the couch? If so, how did they like it (and was it an adult or child)? We are debating who will sleep there and I any insight as to how comfortable that bed is will help.

Our teenage daughters slept on the couch bed. Both thought it could be better, but admitted that they were so tired that they could have slept anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

I have never cruised before and am thinking about this room for September but I'm not sure if the 1 1/2 bathroom will be adequate for mum dad and 3 adult children. I have rung RCI without much success on room descriptions from the person I spoke to. Is there 1 shower and 2 toilets or is it a toilet in a separate room from the shower. Also do you know if all OV staterooms on this deck are the same size as from what I see in deck plan some look larger than others but the descriptions don't confirm this and again the person I spoke to at RCI said they are all exactly the same size throughout the ship when I questioned him on this he was quite rude and abrupt and told me they may look larger but are exactly the same size and again read the description for OV rooms on RC's website maybe I just spoke to the wrong person but when I rang RCI second time I got the same person on the phone :( Would love to know if you saw other rooms or can confirm room sizes.

We were able to book this before it had a separate category and right after it was added to the availability for our sailing. Likely anew oversight at the beginning, but we took them up on it for our family of 4, but generally you need at least 5 to book.

It has two bathrooms, one with a toilet and one with a toilet and shower.

From what I have seen some of the rooms on this deck are larger than others. On the following page you will notice that there is a category for larger panoramic ocean view staterooms.http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/home.do?br=R&cabincls=O&cabinType=P1&shipCode=FR

We were able to book this before it had a separate category and right after it was added to the availability for our sailing. Likely anew oversight at the beginning, but we took them up on it for our family of 4, but generally you need at least 5 to book.

It has two bathrooms, one with a toilet and one with a toilet and shower.

From what I have seen some of the rooms on this deck are larger than others. On the following page you will notice that there is a category for larger panoramic ocean view staterooms.http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/home.do?br=R&cabincls=O&cabinType=P1&shipCode=FR

RCI told me the only 2 bathroom family rooms are suites at more than twice the price.

If you need extra shower space, go one deck down to the fitness center showers and use them. Shower is very large and it will be right under you, maybe a minute walk. I used that shower 5 or 6 times when the rest of the family was using the stateroom to get ready.

If you need extra shower space, go one deck down to the fitness center showers and use them. Shower is very large and it will be right under you, maybe a minute walk. I used that shower 5 or 6 times when the rest of the family was using the stateroom to get ready.

Thank you that could be a great solution. I'm a bit disappointed the RCI staff know less than CC members :)

RCI told me the only 2 bathroom family rooms are suites at more than twice the price.

It is disappointing when RCI reps don't know the product that they are selling. I guess technically they are right because this room is listed as 1.5 bathrooms, but that is not really what you are asking.

Thank you that could be a great solution. I'm a bit disappointed the RCI staff know less than CC members :)

I took that advice from CC before our cruise last week. We had 4 in our stateroom with one bathroom so that tip was extremely useful. I had the entire shower/locker room to myself every time so don't let the secret get out ;)

It is disappointing when RCI reps don't know the product that they are selling. I guess technically they are right because this room is listed as 1.5 bathrooms, but that is not really what you are asking.

2 different reps I spoke to insisted they were only 1 bathroom, no mention of 1.5 and were quite rude when I told them I had seen and heard differently. I have messed round trying to find out for sure I have now missed the promotion which included $300 OBC and now the prices have gone up by over $200 on the rooms I have been looking at as in a family room or 2 OV rooms :(