Availability of taxis at Bayport

MWcruiser

I've read all the posts I can find about transportation at Bayport cruise terminal, but I am still not sure if taxis/shuttles are readily available when we disembark.

There are 6 of us, and we most likely will need 2 taxis. We plan to do the earliest walkoff the ship we can do.

Our cruise is in January. I did not know about the fog/weather issues prior to booking this cruise and air. We have a 1pm flight from Houston Hobby. Really worried that we will make that flight.

Are taxis/shuttles waiting as they are in other ports at the time? Or do I need to book something in advance? I think a taxi will be quicker to airport than Princess transfers.

We just returned yesterday. We did an NCL transfer to the ship (same port as Princess) for $35 each. I figured I would play it by ear for the return so didn't book anything in advance. Upon return, there was a long line of cabs and super shuttle "blue vans" lined up. I figured the super shuttle would be cheaper than a cab (when I checked on line, cab rates ranged from $50-$70). I walked up to the first blue van in the long line of vans and asked if he was going to hobby. He said yes and the rate was $23.50 per person. We jumped in and were on our way in about 10 minutes. Others in the van had pre-booked so I'm sure it is cheaper if you pre-pay. The driver said that super shuttle has a desk at Hobby so in hindsight, it would have been better to pre-book transport both ways through super shuttle. Our flight was at 1:20. We were at the airport by 10:00.

I'm sailing on 1-10 on the Jewel, and your info has pretty much convinced me that the blue super shuttle is the way to go. Our flights for the return are at 1:30 and 2:00, so I hope the fog stays away!

I've read all the posts I can find about transportation at Bayport cruise terminal, but I am still not sure if taxis/shuttles are readily available when we disembark.

There are 6 of us, and we most likely will need 2 taxis. We plan to do the earliest walkoff the ship we can do.

Our cruise is in January. I did not know about the fog/weather issues prior to booking this cruise and air. We have a 1pm flight from Houston Hobby. Really worried that we will make that flight.

Are taxis/shuttles waiting as they are in other ports at the time? Or do I need to book something in advance? I think a taxi will be quicker to airport than Princess transfers.

We just got off the Jewel on the 15th. There were 6 in our group 2 were children. We got a van for 6 with no problem. It cost us $155 to go to hotel by IAH airport. With all the stories I have read we were too afraid to book flight home same day, but we would have had no problem with an afternoon flight. FYI.. super shuttle would not take our 7 year old without car seat. We did not have one because in our state she is old enough not to need one. No problems with any of the taxis.

We just got off the Jewel on the 15th. There were 6 in our group 2 were children. We got a van for 6 with no problem. It cost us $155 to go to hotel by IAH airport. With all the stories I have read we were too afraid to book flight home same day, but we would have had no problem with an afternoon flight. FYI.. super shuttle would not take our 7 year old without car seat. We did not have one because in our state she is old enough not to need one. No problems with any of the taxis.

Did you book super shuttle and then they told you about the car seat? We have booked a private transfer with them and have not had them mention anything about boosters/car seats!

Did you book super shuttle and then they told you about the car seat? We have booked a private transfer with them and have not had them mention anything about boosters/car seats!

We called them several months ago to pre-book and they told us it was not necessary, there would be no problem just walking up to booth and getting a ride. When we approached at the booth, he asked the age of the child. That is when he said had to have to have car seat and that we could take a taxi to Walmart and get one and come back. He also said if we had prepaid we would qualify for refund. A airport guide/employee outside the airport doors negated a good flat rate taxi ride. I am not for certain but I think it was cheaper than supershuttle.. I think?? savings comes from paying per person vs the 6 of us filling a van. :confused:

We called them several months ago to pre-book and they told us it was not necessary, there would be no problem just walking up to booth and getting a ride. When we approached at the booth, he asked the age of the child. That is when he said had to have to have car seat and that we could take a taxi to Walmart and get one and come back. He also said if we had prepaid we would qualify for refund. A airport guide/employee outside the airport doors negated a good flat rate taxi ride. I am not for certain but I think it was cheaper than supershuttle.. I think?? savings comes from paying per person vs the 6 of us filling a van. :confused:

Thanks for the update. I have just cancelled my SuperShuttle reservation after confirming I would need 2 car seats. Back to square one :(

• 4 weeks later...
We just returned yesterday. We did an NCL transfer to the ship (same port as Princess) for $35 each. I figured I would play it by ear for the return so didn't book anything in advance. Upon return, there was a long line of cabs and super shuttle "blue vans" lined up. I figured the super shuttle would be cheaper than a cab (when I checked on line, cab rates ranged from $50-$70). I walked up to the first blue van in the long line of vans and asked if he was going to hobby. He said yes and the rate was $23.50 per person. We jumped in and were on our way in about 10 minutes. Others in the van had pre-booked so I'm sure it is cheaper if you pre-pay. The driver said that super shuttle has a desk at Hobby so in hindsight, it would have been better to pre-book transport both ways through super shuttle. Our flight was at 1:20. We were at the airport by 10:00.

For the NCL transfer... we will have little kiddos with us. whats the transfer like? bus? van? wondering about carseat info.

as for taxis... would they allow a 3 year old and 7 month old with no carseat?