Business class on KLM

ncgolferette

I will be interested in learning what others say. I flew ATL-AMS on KLM in a A330 in Economy and was quite suprised with the service that I received. Breakfast was the "expected" meal prior to landing in Amsterdam. Despite of a late P.M. flight out of Atlanta, a complete dinner was served to us in Economy along with hot towel service twice, beverage service before and after dinner and again before breakfast. I really was surprised at the quality of service. No question, after several hours in that Economy Class seat, the muscles in my upper leg began to complain. And, a gentleman in the seat in front of me reclined his seat just enough for the entire flight while he watched movies from ATL-AMS non-stop that the light from his video screen proved to be a distraction for me getting proper sleep.

Having flown in Business Class on Air New Zealand and Delta, KLM's Economy Class service was a pleasant surprise.

I wish you well on making your choice.

We flew back from Spain to DFW via AMS on KLM last month. We were on one of their A330's. We were lucky to upgrade at checkin as there was only one set of seats taken in business class (got the upgrade for only a couple hundred USD each). The seat seemed to be a bit dated compared to other airlines but from what their site says, it will be updated within the next couple years. Seat was comfortable, however, it says lie flat. the seat does lie flat, however, it is flat with a slight incline. This caused us to start sliding down the seat every so often (feet on the foot rests helps). I cannot sleep on planes so I popped a tylenol PM and managed to get a couple hours sleep here and couple hours there for the 10hr flight.

the seats have a flip up hood thing that helps keep lights behind you from shining in your face. Tip: don't book the first or last rows as the galley noises can be bothersome.

meals were great, but their cuisine is a little odd compared to what we are used to. still managed to find something we liked enough to eat. they also give you these nifty little house thingies that are filled with gin (i think) as a departing gift for flying business class.

KL business class is being transitioned to a new seat that will be fully-flat, rather than the "slantboard" that Theredofshaw mentioned. These seats will not necessarily have full aisle access and are not the pod design that AF is bringing online.

KL is a solid, not spectacular, product. Don't expect cutting edge anything. Look on the KL website for more details and pictures of the new business class. Also peruse their seat maps to see which types of aircraft have the new seating - then check with a dummy booking to see if you have a new or old layout.

The delft houses are a nice touch.