Royal v Celebrity Suite Constellation plus Luminae Brunch

PrincessPete

Good afternoon.

I would appreciate some advice from those who have travelled in the Suites on Celebrity Constellation please. We are about to book a special holiday and wondered whether it is worth paying the higher price for a Royal Suite instead of a Celebrity Suite.

I am happy to pay the higher price but would greatly appreciate any comments on the differences apart from the obvious ones of more space/Jacuzzi on balcony etc. Are the Royal Suites under cover rather than being fully exposed on this ship?

Although this should perhaps be a separate thread may I also ask about the Luminae restaurant? My daughter has just returned from the Constellation and gave me her daily programmes (they were not in Luminae). I see that on sea days a brunch is served from 1000 hours as opposed to breakfast which is served at the conventional earlier times on port days. This was the same on a friend’s recent sailing on the Eclipse.

Where do passengers eat breakfast at, say, 0830 on sea days if they would normally eat in Luminae? Seems strange to me that they night have to eat elsewhere but maybe I am missing something. (I would be perfectly happy to eat in the main restaurant but I am just curious.)

Many thanks in advance of any replies which will be gratefully received and doubtless extremely helpful!

Kind regards.

Peter

The main difference between the Celebrity Suite and Royal Suite, other than what you have mentioned, is that you will received unlimited specialty dining, premium beverage package and unlimited Internet access with the Royal Suite. You may also wish to note that all the Celebrity Suites are mid-ships and all the Royal Suites are on deck 6 aft.

Most reports are that breakfast, lunch and dinner are being served in Luminae on most/all ships. If only brunch and dinner are being served and you wish to eat earlier you must go to the buffet, main dinning room, Blu or Bistro on Five [included in the complimentary specialty dining if you are in a Royal Suite]. In a Royal Suite you are likely to be given Captain's Club Elite status and you may also be given this in a Celebrity Suite. If you are, you will also be able to go to the Elite breakfast [location depending on how many Elites are on board].

Having said that, we found that we just went to Luminae for an early breakfast/brunch and dinner and managed to reduce our food intake just a little! [i think that this was originally assumed suite guests would do when the restaurant was first opened.]

Edited by Project_gal

Thank you very much Sue for such a speedy and helpful reply. Are you able to assist on whether the Royal Suite balconies are covered or exposed - it is not entirely clear to me looking at the pictures I can find. Almost looks as though there is a canopy type of cover but I am probably wrong!

Thanks again

I Google Imaged it, and it appears you are correct about there being a canvas overhang, similat to the ones he had had on the 9th deck aft (to stop onlookers from the teak bar above). I have put the link to the photo here, and hopefully it works.

https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1440&bih=732&q=royal+suite+celebrity+constellation&oq=royal+suite+celebrity+constellation&gs_l=img.3..0.1539.9402.0.11652.35.22.0.13.13.0.105.1927.21j1.22.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..0.35.1951.glaQh_YUPHg#imgdii=Ju7nD2eXh5Qg4M%3A%3BJu7nD2eXh5Qg4M%3A%3BUHT0y7rDVmdJGM%3A&imgrc=Ju7nD2eXh5Qg4M%3A

My husband and I found that the bathroom in the celebrity suite was not very accommodating...It is very small, there is only one sink, and the bathtub/shower combo was difficult to manage...My husband is 6 feet 7 inches, so shower was below him...I am 5 feet 2 inches and the bathtub is raised so high that I had to stand on the toilet to get in, or sit on the edge to get it...Getting out was another story...If you have been in a sky suite, it is the same bathroom...Royal suite accommodation is so much better since tub and shower are separate and there are 2 sinks...Bathrooms may not be of any consequence to you, but we love the comforts and space of a Royal Suite..

Huge thank you again for the replys - and the link to the pictures Groupnors. It worked fine and I can see the canopy on the RS balconies which would be fine for us. Could not find a picture myself so most grateful for your time.

Thanks again

Yes, I should have mentioned the bathroom, as others have pointed out. It is also worth nothing that access to the bathroom in the Celebrity Suite is only from the bedroom. If you have more than two in the suite, this poses a privacy issue.

However, the bedroom is completely dark in the Celebrity Suite, if that is preferable for you. That, combined with position and the mount of light are the real positives of the Celebrity Suite. Oh, and of course, price.

Space, privacy, better bathroom and additional perks are the main draws for the Royal Suite.

We loved them both and with the addition of the balconies now in the CS we would most likely opt for it UNLESS price truly is NOT an issue. The bathtub/shower could be an issue for anyone with mobility issues, and I certainly could understand why someone who is 6'7" would not like it in the CS but we had no problem at all. With the CS you also receive the Michael's Club perk which is wonderful and will serve you most any drink you would like. Yes you get the Premium package with a RS, but unless you are fairly heavy drinkers, it's not necessary, what with the Elite Captain's Club benefits AND Michael's Club, our opinion, of course.

As far as breakfast is concerned if Luminae is not open for breakfast on sea days(it was NOT for us on Eclipse in April, although that may now have changed) then Blu is the most obvious choice, which serves a wonderful breakfast, actually one we enjoy more than the one served in Luminae, it actually has more choices than the Luminae menu.

Having said that the "perk" for "unlimited" specialty dining in the RS is nice but you DO get at least 1 or 2 free dinners in these in the CS and that was more than enough for us as Luminae was so wonderful at dinner that we had no desire to eat elsewhere and on Connie the only Spec. Dining options are Ocean Liners and Tuscan Grill, so there are your "2 free dinners" if you opt for the CS.

As I said at the beginning if price is truly not an issue then the RS is a wonderful option, but if it is I am certain you will love the CS..... :)

Edited by Gracie115