Need some suggestions

mth1152

Hi,

I have booked the following shore excursions for my Alaskan Cruise in May

Skagway - Glacier Point Wilderness Safari - 12:00 booking 5 1/2 hrs

Juneau - Four Glacier Adventure by Helicopter - 10:30 A.M. booking 2 hrs

Ketchikan - Misty Fiords Flightseeing - 12 noon booking - Island Wings

2 hrs

Does anyone have any suggestions on interesting shore excursions after 2:00 P.M. in Ketchikan. We have to be back onboard the ship by 6:00 P.M. also any suggestions on Juneau in the afternoon the ship departs at 4:00 P.M.

You can try Southeast Sea Kayaks in Ketchikan. I believe they have a tour that starts at 2:30pm and returns at 5pm. An hour to return to your ship is no problem. Can you get from your float-plane trip to their kayak dock, in time, would be my concern.

You could also do a salmon bake while in Juneau. Several are open ended on the times, so you can leave when ever you want. They have buses running all day. Just a heads up, if the lines are long, you could end up waiting for several buses before you make your return trip.

Hi,

I have booked the following shore excursions for my Alaskan Cruise in May

Skagway - Glacier Point Wilderness Safari - 12:00 booking 5 1/2 hrs

Juneau - Four Glacier Adventure by Helicopter - 10:30 A.M. booking 2 hrs

Ketchikan - Misty Fiords Flightseeing - 12 noon booking - Island Wings

2 hrs

Does anyone have any suggestions on interesting shore excursions after 2:00 P.M. in Ketchikan. We have to be back onboard the ship by 6:00 P.M. also any suggestions on Juneau in the afternoon the ship departs at 4:00 P.M.

This may sound crazy but there is an excellent snorkel trip available in Ketchikan. I do not know if it fits your schedule or interest but just a thought.

You can try Southeast Sea Kayaks in Ketchikan. I believe they have a tour that starts at 2:30pm and returns at 5pm. An hour to return to your ship is no problem. Can you get from your float-plane trip to their kayak dock, in time, would be my concern.

You could also do a salmon bake while in Juneau. Several are open ended on the times, so you can leave when ever you want. They have buses running all day. Just a heads up, if the lines are long, you could end up waiting for several buses before you make your return trip.

I think Southeast offers a combo book of kayaking and a float plane tour, I'm not sure who they use for the floatplane, that might be an option.

Archived