Super Bowl on the Magic???????

ACoupleAtSea

We will be sailing in the Magic for the upcoming NFL Super Bowl and are hoping it will be displayed on the Big Screen by the pool. Does anyone know if Disney plays the game on the big screen????? Thanks

I'd assume a major sporting event like that would be played on the Funnel Vision screen, it will most likely be on all the TVs in O'Gills Pub too! Happy Cruising!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have sailed on Super Bowl Sunday the last two years. They will show the game on the funnelvision, the Sports Bar and on TV in your cabin. They will have finger food out by the sports bar and sometimes out by the pool. Last year the pub tables were all filled up by 4PM as fans wanted to grab their spot. After dinner, I went back to the sports bar, got a seat, and saw the end of the game. Don't forget to bring your NFL jersey to wear around the ship. We were also on DCL during the World Series and saw the last outs up by the pool in the rain. Have fun. Bring your sports gear to wear.

I know a couple years ago (on the Dream) it was on the screen in what was the main Theatre (Buena Vista?). Though the airing had none of the commercials, which is part of the fun of watching the Super Bowl.

Edited by mom2tcdx2

I know a couple years ago (on the Dream) it was on the screen in what was the main Theatre (Buena Vista?). Though the airing had none of the commercials, which is part of the fun of watching the Super Bowl.

You won't get the commercials on satellite but you will still get the game. We had fun.

In fact we will be on the Magic during the next Super Bowl Sunday in 2017..February 5th, 2017..

Edited by shellyc

You won't get the commercials on satellite but you will still get the game. We had fun.

In fact we will be on the Magic during the next Super Bowl Sunday in 2017..February 5th, 2017..

Yep, central or south American sat coverage, so no commercials unfortunately.

Set your DVR to record it and watch the commercials when you get home.

ex techie

• 2 weeks later...
We will be sailing in the Magic for the upcoming NFL Super Bowl and are hoping it will be displayed on the Big Screen by the pool. Does anyone know if Disney plays the game on the big screen????? Thanks

Last year we were on the Magic during the NFL playoffs. They showed them on the Funnelvision, on the tv in the staterooms, and in Ogill's pub where they had a bar of football party type snacks.