River Cruise Info Apps for free

ingo_e

Facing a high water situation on the Danube at the moment I thought for promo purposes I#ll put both apps out there for free. That's right, they just cost 0€ / 0$, get them for free :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.appdream.rivercruise

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/river-cruise-info/id610398042

However, I expect you to be nice and leave some ratings on the stores :)

Facing a high water situation on the Danube at the moment I thought for promo purposes I#ll put both apps out there for free. That's right, they just cost 0€ / 0$, get them for free :)

Can the Android version be moved to SD card (especially important for offline maps)?

Thank you, that should be very useful :)

But I had a problem with the android version, it came back with an error message and said it couldnt download it, not sure if its the app or my tablet.

I'm on a 7" galaxy too, I was at work when I tried.

Just did it now and it worked! :)

Sorry I feel terrible for saying it didnt work, we sometimes have problems with the internet connections in our building, maybe thats what happened.

Just checking out your app now...lots of useful information :)

Sorry I feel terrible for saying it didnt work, we sometimes have problems with the internet connections in our building, maybe thats what happened.

No problem - just leave a nice comment on the play store :) Nah, let me explain what have happened: Technically just download the framework from the stores. First time you launch the app is crucial: It starts to get a fresh database dump from my server with all cities, waterlevels and current exchange rates. This might take a few minutes (surprisingly it goes much faster on android than iOS: around 30 seconds vs. 4 minutes - Galaxy Tab to iPhone4s). Afterwards the app just gets its new data every time you launch it (and have wifi OR activated the 3G option). If the data transfer is stalled / corrupted during the inital database built, the whole thing will just freeze, crash..

Regards ingo

• 4 weeks later...

Ingo,

Thanks! I missed you post due to my vacation :o. Thanks especially for the Android version. I´ve downloaded them on my cell and tablet. So far everything works great!

I love that you´ve also added maps of non river cities which are on the tracks of the shore tours or cruise extensions.

I will "visit" the Danube river tomorrow but the non navigable part :D (Ulm).

I´d love to have such an app for the Mississippi river too! We used to have the river navigation charts of the Mississippi river on a netbook which was connected to a GPS device. Was fun to "navigate" on the river charts.

steamboats

EKML: There are ways to install google play on kindl fire, e.g. here: http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/ipad-and-tablets/how-to-get-the-google-play-store-on-the-kindle-fire-hd-50010454/ ... however I would not really recommend it, if you do not completely know what you are doing. It may void your guarantee. I checked the android Amazon SDK, looks so far as if my app is compatible, but did not submit it yet. A few hours ago my main computer broke down, so I got a few bigger problems - thanks god I do have backups, "just" need new hardware :/

Steamboats: You're welcome... Would be great if you rate / leave a comment on the play store.

Downloaded thru iTunes to iPad -have latest operating system update - app will not launch - frozen on river listing. Any suggestions?

this happens due to unstable wifi / 3g connection when first initializing the database, syncing with my server... delete the app, reinstall it, be patient... have not yet found a way to avoid these freezes..

I left a review in the Apple App Store yesterday and it is not there??? Are you having issues as there are NO reviews showing and I can't believe your fellow CC members have not left good reviews for all your hard work!

I was looking forward to looking at your new app. I was able to download it to my iphone, but I could not find the app on itunes for the ipad. When I did a search for the app, it came up under the "results" but when I clicked on the "river cruise info" app, it showed "No Results for "river cruise info". I have the latest ipad software 6.1.3. I am leaving (I hope) for my Danube River cruise on July 9th.

I was looking forward to looking at your new app. I was able to download it to my iphone, but I could not find the app on itunes for the ipad. When I did a search for the app, it came up under the "results" but when I clicked on the "river cruise info" app, it showed "No Results for "river cruise info". I have the latest ipad software 6.1.3. I am leaving (I hope) for my Danube River cruise on July 9th.

retiredand happy: There is no genuine ipad version existing yet.. I downloaded the iphone version on my Dad's iPad and it "emulated" it well. Means, some charts were blurry, but the maps fine. The iPad scales the app then to the regular iOS screen resolution (or 2x screen solution). Not perfect, I know but it works.. Again, at the moment I am stuck in main season + my main computer broke down. Too much to do, too little time :/ Hope you still enjoy your cruise :)

retiredand happy: There is no genuine ipad version existing yet.. I downloaded the iphone version on my Dad's iPad and it "emulated" it well. Means, some charts were blurry, but the maps fine. The iPad scales the app then to the regular iOS screen resolution (or 2x screen solution). Not perfect, I know but it works.. Again, at the moment I am stuck in main season + my main computer broke down. Too much to do, too little time :/ Hope you still enjoy your cruise :)

ingo_e: You are good :cool:. It works great. Since you fixed this problem of mine so quickly, could you work on getting the Altenworth Lock up and running again so I can use you app on my vacation? Thanks again for you help.

Ingo, I have put your app on my work iphone, however I can't put it on my Ipad (which I will take on my cruise next week) as I won't be upgrading to IOS 6 until the Google Maps app is available on the Ipad.

It would have been nicer if the app was IOS 5 compatible.

David

It would have been nicer if the app was IOS 5 compatible.

Actually I am looking forward for the upcoming iOS 7 multitasking features - have some nice ideas I would like to work on during the shoulder season. Therefore I am sorry to disappoint you, but it does not look as if I will invest time to make it downward compatible beyond its actual state. But trust me, the new feature (if possible) will be killer :)

Archived