Cork,ireland to Kinsale by taxi (or other transport)

We are going to port in Cork,Ireland.I've heard good things about the town/village of Kinsale.Would it be doable to get a taxi at the port and go to town of kinsale?Is there another easy way to do this .We have not signed up with an organized tour and would like to do on our on if possible.Thanks

I used http://www.kinsalelimos.com/ for transport my group from Cork to Kinsale in 2012. I reserved a 12-seater Mercedes coach.

We then did a historic walking tour with http://www.historicstrollkinsale.com/

The transport and tour were fabulous! We ate lunch at Fishy Fishy. http://www.fishyfishy.ie/ Highly recommend.

Have a great time. Kinsale is beautiful!

I am on Caribbean Princess. Transatlantic crossing Fort Lauderdale to Southampton on 6 April. Calling at Cork on 17th April. I am renting a car and happy to do the driving. I am from the UK and can drive a right hand drive vehicle. Planning on doing Ring of Kerry and Kinsale Tour. I can take an additional 3 people at approx $45 each.

Email me at lilysavage5413@gmail.com

We loved Kindle when we visited last fall. We got a cab driver to give us a private tour, and he was flexible with the visit and offered good suggestions. We learned a lot, and we enjoyed our day with just the two of us. If you want his name let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
We loved Kindle when we visited last fall. We got a cab driver to give us a private tour, and he was flexible with the visit and offered good suggestions. We learned a lot, and we enjoyed our day with just the two of us. If you want his name let me know.

I would greatly appreciate the name of your driver. We'll be porting in Cork on Aug. 19th and most of the tours include Blarney, been there done that. Would prefer to spend more time in Kinsale. Do you remember what he charged for the day in Kinsale?

I would greatly appreciate the name of your driver. We'll be porting in Cork on Aug. 19th and most of the tours include Blarney, been there done that. Would prefer to spend more time in Kinsale. Do you remember what he charged for the day in Kinsale?

His name is Michael Twomey, and DH is looking for his business card. I'll post his phone number when he finds it. He drove a regular city cab. He charged us by the hour, somewhere around 40 euros or gbp; I forgot what they use in Ireland.

• 1 year later...

Could you please provide me with your cab drivers information? We would love to do a private tour to Kinsale.

• 2 weeks later...

Kinsale is beautiful. Highly recommend going there while in Cork. My memory fails me, :confused: can anyone tell me if there is any place to just walk around in Cobh after getting off ship. Have done tour to Kinsale etc. two time previous, so just looking for something different. Thanks for any info.

Kinsale is beautiful. Highly recommend going there while in Cork. My memory fails me, :confused: can anyone tell me if there is any place to just walk around in Cobh after getting off ship. Have done tour to Kinsale etc. two time previous, so just looking for something different. Thanks for any info.

I just visited Cobh on our cruise 2 weeks ago. In Cobh you dock right beside the train station so don’t feel that you have to stay there. Our original plan was to go to Blarney Castle but DW got up late and the weather was poor so we stayed in Cobh. We visited the Heritage center dockside and made our way to the Lutsitania memorial and the Titanic experience. We then made our way up to Colman’s Cathedral. We had some time left and took a 15 minute walk to the Titanic memorial with another 15 minutes back. While we enjoyed Cobh, I would of considered taking the train to Cork but I didn’t research Cork enough.

• 3 weeks later...

Kinsale is stunning and definitely worth a visit. A taxi would be an expensive form of travel as it is at least a 45 + drive. 

You could jump on one of the shore excursions that visit Kinsale. www.ecoach.ie have great value ones at €59 pp. If you fancy something more casual to eat Dino's Fish and Chip in Kinsale is Delicious.

Cobh is stunning also with lots to do, their is a heritage centre, a titanic museum, a cathedral and it is a beautiful town for a walk. 
The train is right next to the ship and it has regular trips to Cork City which is a 25 mins journey. I would recommend you do some research if you choose this option so you really get a bit of history while walk around.