Bid for SAN PEDRO,CA. hotel? when to bid?

dptt

Booked for Apr. cruise to Mexico. Need pre-cruise hotel for one night. How much should I bid on priceline? When should I bid? Thank You for your help.

Hey there:

I frankly rarely even consider Priceline anymore because I've beaten their 'best and lowest' too many times. But if you're looking for a clean, comfy, close-to-port inn Vagabond San Pedro is a good bet. Inexpensive and nice. Not fancy, but serves well.

Good luck!

Check out the rate for when you're going with the hotel's website then decide whether to go with Priceline. We were quoted a rate of $202 a night when we're cruising in March and were able to get it with Priceline for $90. I thought that was a good price. This was our first experience with Priceline, so I figured it was the way to go.

I've never booked with Priceline before because I always got a better rate some other way, and didn't have to pay in full up front. This time, though, I got the Crown Plaza (for Feb. 2008) for 1/2 of their online price by going through Priceline. So it was worth it, finally, for me to check Priceline. Check Hotwire, too. There aren't that many hotels in the area, so it's not too hard to figure out which 1 or 2 hotels they are talking about if you're talking 3 star.

Whenever I bid on a room I do it AFTER all my travel plans are complete and final - flight booked,etc... That way I know I won't be changing my mind on anything (if you are like me, you start out with one plan, and it changed 10 times before its all finalized). Once I have everything set, then I bid. Usually right after my flights are booked, as those aren't changeable.

If I don't get something on priceline or hotwire, I keep trying until I do, or just end up making a reservation somewhere that is in my budget.

Archived