Departure day - how much time for sightseeing before we board?

~*Lou*~

Hello

We are booked on our first cruise next May, departing Vancouver and travelling north with Royal Caribbean.

We only arrive in Vancouver the day before and are trying to maximise our time before we board Radiance. Can someone please tell me about the timing of that first day – the ship sails at 4.30pm. What time do we need to get to Canada Place – I’m trying to work out how much time we have earlier in the day for sightseeing.

Many thanks

Lou

I believe you have to be on board 90 minutes before departure but I have not departed from Canada before so am unsure if the timings are different. You could consider dropping your luggage, checking in and then going back sightseeing. At least then you wouldn't have to worry about your luggage.

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

Hello

We are booked on our first cruise next May, departing Vancouver and travelling north with Royal Caribbean.

We only arrive in Vancouver the day before and are trying to maximise our time before we board Radiance. Can someone please tell me about the timing of that first day – the ship sails at 4.30pm. What time do we need to get to Canada Place – I’m trying to work out how much time we have earlier in the day for sightseeing.

Many thanks

Lou

Hi Lou

In case it gives you some ideas I made this while in Vancouver.

[YOUTUBE]a-u1IcJ6VtM[/YOUTUBE]

If you can check-in by 1.30 you will have time for a decent stroll around Coal Harbour. And if by chance you can be clear of the ship by noon or earlier then Gastown and Stanley Park are possible. All the best, Tony

I am never in any rush to get on a ship, although some people are. I see people lined up when I am leaving the ship in the am. With your interest in seeing Vancouver- which is an excellent idea, I suggest you be back at Canada Place by 2:30pm.

The HOHO trolley takes 2 hours if you stay on the whole time. There is also a free shuttle to Capilano Suspension park (you pay entry to the park though) and we spent about 3 or so hours there. We found both to be a good way to see lots of Vancouver in a short period of time.

As someone said, you have to be checked in by 3:00 p.m. but you will have time to do one or the other of these beforehand. You can't bring your luggage on the bus or trolley, but if your hotel is near the pier, they will likely hold it for you and you can pick it up later.