Buddy Cruise

Has anyone taken a Buddy Cruise? This is different than Autism on the Seas group.

I was just wondering the level of involvement there is at the ship's activities that help us with our 'special needs' person.

Or is it just a conference with information and learning?

Thanks,

Has anyone taken a Buddy Cruise? This is different than Autism on the Seas group.

I was just wondering the level of involvement there is at the ship's activities that help us with our 'special needs' person.

Thanks,

Suggest you also post on the "Family Cruises" Forum.

• 3 months later...

My daughter and I have been cruising with Buddy Cruise for the last 5 years! It is an amazing experience with breakout sessions, private dances, meet the cast members, and so much more! One of the larger events is the Buddy Cruise Walk at Sea. This year was our largest ever, there were just over 300 Buddy Cruisers onboard and each recruited at least one walker. This year there was close to 900 walking! There was fun and prizes given out. There are a variety of speakers each year; comedians, children's programing writers, advocates, teachers, writers and so much more! Buddy Cruise is not only for those with Down Syndrome, it is for anyone! Check out Buddycruise.org for more information on the 2016 RCCL Oasis Buddy Cruise, October 22 - 29, 2016.

I cannot speak for Autism at Sea as we have never been on that types of cruise.

:)

Thanks,

We've done three cruises with Autism on the Seas (the group cruises with staff) and they are amazing--nothing out there like them. We have a now-14 yr old with autism, and the cruises with AoTS are the only ones we'll do. From evening respite time, to separate dining, to check in, they just make it so easy.

If you haven't checked them out, I'd suggest you do. We have had such life-changing experiences as a family through their service.

We've done three cruises with Autism on the Seas (the group cruises with staff) and they are amazing--nothing out there like them. We have a now-14 yr old with autism, and the cruises with AoTS are the only ones we'll do. From evening respite time, to separate dining, to check in, they just make it so easy.

If you haven't checked them out, I'd suggest you do. We have had such life-changing experiences as a family through their service.

Actually there is something out there like AotS. Autism Adventure Travel which is owned and run by an Autism Mom. I've done by groups and my personal opinion is that AAT is better.