Is LFK it?

flyboyswife

Anything else besides LFK for an awesome excursion? I'm concerned about crowds at LFK b/c it seems like that is the only game in town. Traveling with DH (47) and DD (8). Any and all suggestions welcomed!

LFK has certainly developed over the last two years and is currently experiencing considerable popularity but it is by no means the only place on the island.

Various locations along West bay is where the vast majority of cruisers go. Take a look down the threads on this page and look at your cruise ship excursion list for suggestions and then see if you can find a local vendor who offers the excursion you want. Plenty of private driver companies recommended on here and their sites offer suggestions of places to go.

Biggest problem with Roatan is the cost of transport and it is cheaper to have your own driver for the day than individual taxi rides. Which port will you dock at and what would you like to do?

• 2 weeks later...
Here is my review of LFK (from this month on the Freedom). LFK starts around page 3.

To cut to the chase...this place is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! :) You will see from the pics that it was not crowded at all. In fact, it was pretty empty. Heaven.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2236932

Keep in mind that this is low season. It would depend on when the OP is visiting and how many other ships are in port as to whether or not it is crowded on any particular day.

Keep in mind that this is low season. It would depend on when the OP is visiting and how many other ships are in port as to whether or not it is crowded on any particular day.

I would go back, even if it was crowded. I loved it that much! :)

Has anyone been to LFK when there are a lot of ships in port? We will be in Roatan on March 23, 2016. Looking at the port info it will be one of the busiest days in the month (11K people!). Martini Mom could you tell me an estimate of how many people were there on the day you went? We will have at least 4x the possible # of customers, so trying to get a feel of how busy it might be. With a family of 4 I don't want to be struggling to get chairs/food/drinks/equipment etc and wasting our $ Thanks for any help!

Has anyone been to LFK when there are a lot of ships in port? We will be in Roatan on March 23, 2016. Looking at the port info it will be one of the busiest days in the month (11K people!). Martini Mom could you tell me an estimate of how many people were there on the day you went? We will have at least 4x the possible # of customers, so trying to get a feel of how busy it might be. With a family of 4 I don't want to be struggling to get chairs/food/drinks/equipment etc and wasting our $ Thanks for any help!

You can check out the pics in my review and see how empty it was. There are so many little areas for everyone to explore and spread out. You have the whole island, not just one little beach. :)

Thanks Martini Mom for the review and especially the pictures. If it is as quiet as when you went that would be great! However when I look at the port info most days have 2500-6000 people in port at a time on our day there it's 11k. Could you tell what day you were in Roatan so I can look up the port info to estimate if it will be 3x, 4x, 5x or more that number. TIA!