whales

mikepaul

I noticed all the certified whale watching tours are on Wed. or Sun. aft. Are there any independant operators who will take you out when your ship docks in the am.

My wife and I will be arriving on Thur Apr. 23rd and was wondering about that.

Since we're arriving late in the season will there actually be any whales too see?

Is there anything to do in Dominica besides the whales and the champagne snorkel that doesn't require hiking?

Edited by mikepaul
addition

We did the Celebrity whale watching tour. It was wonderful! This is our 3rd time doing this tour. The first year we only saw 1 whale. The second year we saw no whales but a ton of dolphin. This year was the hit. We saw many whales, some traveling in couples. we saw sperm whales and melon headed whales. The boat is very nice and we couldn't have asked for more out of this excursion.

• 1 month later...
We did the Celebrity whale watching tour. It was wonderful! This is our 3rd time doing this tour. The first year we only saw 1 whale. The second year we saw no whales but a ton of dolphin. This year was the hit. We saw many whales, some traveling in couples. we saw sperm whales and melon headed whales. The boat is very nice and we couldn't have asked for more out of this excursion.

What time of year did you do it?