New To Carnival-Website-Pre Cruise question

javaonline

My only prior cruising experience is on Princess...so bear in mind that context.

When I log on to Carnival, I'd like to use my OBC towards tips or pre-purchasing items. I did this on the Princess site last year. I'm not finding any place to even see my OBC listed? I tried to buy a pack of bottled water, but it was going to my credit card instead of using the OBC.

Am I missing something or is this simply not a part of the functionality of the Carnival site?

Also...when is the formal night? I'm having difficulty finding when that is (or how many there are) on my cruise. (5 night Sat-Thur)

Thanks for educating a newb.

My only prior cruising experience is on Princess...so bear in mind that context.

When I log on to Carnival, I'd like to use my OBC towards tips or pre-purchasing items. I did this on the Princess site last year. I'm not finding any place to even see my OBC listed? I tried to buy a pack of bottled water, but it was going to my credit card instead of using the OBC.

Am I missing something or is this simply not a part of the functionality of the Carnival site?

Also...when is the formal night? I'm having difficulty finding when that is (or how many there are) on my cruise. (5 night Sat-Thur)

Thanks for educating a newb.

With CCL, can only use OBC once on-board. If you do not pre-pay gratuities they will be applied to your on-board account on the second day and can be offset with any OBC you may have.

OBC may only be used on board. To pre-pay for anything, a credit card or gift card is required. You may see how much OBC you have by viewing your cruise documents under manage my cruise. It will be on your invoice.

Formal night(s) are usually on the first full sea day and the next to last full sea day. I am not sure if the 5 day will have more than one.

The above posters are correct, OBC is only to be used on board. If you wish to use it to purchase water, you can call room service after boarding (there won't be any until very late in the day the first day) and order it for the same price as posted online prior to sailing.

Your elegant night (you'll only have one) will be on the first full sea day.