Where to Snorkel in Cozumel? What Park?

HesterMofet

We would like to go to a park that is easy to get to from the RCCL port and are looking at Playa Mia, Chakanaab and Nachi Cocum?

Which has the best snorkeling right off the beach?

Which ones has the most screaming children? :)

We are thinking of Nachi Cocum, but heard the snorkeling off the beach stinks. We will have our own equipment, so that is not an issue.

Thanks in advance!

No beach with sand and waves will have great snorkeling - the sand and waves cloud the water and there's no rocks/reefs for the little fish to thrive in.

Snorkeling at Nachi will be poor unless you spend another $30 or so each for the excursion to the reef.

Snorkeling from the shore at Chank is very good - they have a snorkel lagoon separate from their beach area. They also charge an admission fee of about $20 each. :(

I have never been to Playa Mia - suspect it will be about like Nachi but the water park will attract many more families with small kids.

You should also look at the Money Bar - no admission fee, great snorkeling from the shore, good facilities, as well as good food/drinks service. No beach -you enter the water via steps - but there is a sandy area for sunning and relaxing. Not many small kids/families due to the lack of a beach.

We love the snorkeling at Chankanaab. I have a bunch of pictures of the place in my review, listed in my signature line (2 of them).

Nachi doesn't have any snorkeling from the beach, so I wouldn't waste your time bringing snorkeling equipment if you go there (unless you want to pay extra for a snorkeling tour from there by boat to some other place). :)