Coopenhagen Hilton to cruise port

btorlv

We are staying at the airport Hilton in Copenhagen prior to our RCCL cruise in May. Is there a way to do public transportation from the airport to the cruise port? How do you get into town via public transportation from the airport?

Public transportation from hotel/airport to cruise port will depend on cruise ship and time - please let us know.

Ftom Hotel/airport into Copenhagen there are two options - either the train to Central Station - Station at airport is level -1 at terminal 3 (next to the Hilton Hotel)

There is also a metro line into Kongens Nytorv (central place in Copenhagen)). The metro station is located at level +1 just nest to the Hilton.

You need a three zone ticket from airport to Copenhagen

I was looking at the cruise list and it shows that Legend of the Seas will docked at the new cruise terminal C330 and Brilliance of the Seas will for the most days be docked at Langelinie Pier C190 but on the last docking in may it will be at C330.

Now we just needs the date and ship. :D

I was looking at the cruise list and it shows that Legend of the Seas will docked at the new cruise terminal C330 and Brilliance of the Seas will for the most days be docked at Langelinie Pier C190 but on the last docking in may it will be at C330.

Now we just needs the date and ship. :D

We are sailing on Legend of the Seas on May 17- 24.

We are flying in on May 15 and staying until the 25 so that we have time to explore Copenhagen. We are staying at the Hilton pre and post cruise so that we can use our points. Is it easier to get into town on the train or the metro? I read somewhere that we should get a metro pass on line before we leave. Do you recommend that? Can you recommend any nice, reasonable restaurants in town? Thank you for all your help. Cyndy

Edited by btorlv
added more

Its a saturday so no public busses are running out to the new cruise pier (C330-Oceankaj) and as long as CM Port hasn´t announced any shuttle busses i will suggest a taxi.

You have two option

Take the Øresund train towards Nivå or Helsingør and get off at Østerport, from here you take a taxi to pier.

Or take the Metro towards Vanløse and get off at either Kongens Nytorv or Nørreport and get a taxi from there.

The only problem with this is that both stations are under construction, Kongens Nytorv is adding a second platform for the circle line and Nørreport is renovating the tunnel roof and adding a passenger tunnel to Købmagergade pedestrian street.

Østerport is also adding a new platform for the circle line but that one is located next to Østerport station so its not disturbing the passengers at Østerport.

Both the city pass and 24 hour ticket can be purchased at the airport (train ticket office or ticket machines)

The Copenhagen Card can be purchased online but also atb the airport (information desk at terminal 3)

City pass covers central Copenhagen and Amager (the island where the airport is located)

The 24 hour version costs 75 DKK and the 72 hour costs 190 DKK

The 24 hour tickert covers the entire metropolitan area and is costing 130 DKK

The copenhagen Card both covers transportation and entrance to most sites (or reduced entrance)

http://www.copenhagencard.com/?ld=0

Hi Danish Viking,

We will be doing a Baltic cruise R/T Copenhagen in May with a one day pre-cruise and a one day post-cruise (the ship docks overnight). We are planning on getting a 24-hour City Pass for our pre-cruise and another 24-hour City Pass for our post-cruise.

My question is whether the 24-hour clock starts upon first use, such that we can purchase our post-cruise City Pass ahead of time and have it available when we get off the ship.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ray

Its a saturday so no public busses are running out to the new cruise pier (C330-Oceankaj) and as long as CM Port hasn´t announced any shuttle busses i will suggest a taxi.

You have two option

Take the Øresund train towards Nivå or Helsingør and get off at Østerport, from here you take a taxi to pier.

Or take the Metro towards Vanløse and get off at either Kongens Nytorv or Nørreport and get a taxi from there.

The only problem with this is that both stations are under construction, Kongens Nytorv is adding a second platform for the circle line and Nørreport is renovating the tunnel roof and adding a passenger tunnel to Købmagergade pedestrian street.

Østerport is also adding a new platform for the circle line but that one is located next to Østerport station so its not disturbing the passengers at Østerport.

Both the city pass and 24 hour ticket can be purchased at the airport (train ticket office or ticket machines)

The Copenhagen Card can be purchased online but also atb the airport (information desk at terminal 3)

City pass covers central Copenhagen and Amager (the island where the airport is located)

The 24 hour version costs 75 DKK and the 72 hour costs 190 DKK

The 24 hour tickert covers the entire metropolitan area and is costing 130 DKK

The copenhagen Card both covers transportation and entrance to most sites (or reduced entrance)

http://www.copenhagencard.com/?ld=0

I just called RCCL and they told me the ship is at birth #245. Is that in C330? If we buy the Copenhagen card and take the train as close as we can get, how long of a taxi ride is it and how much would the taxi cost?

Will the train and/or metro be running on Sat. May 24 so that when we go back to the airport to drop off our luggage at the hotel, we can then go into town?

What is the difference between the city pass and the 24 hour ticket? I don't know if we need the Copenhagen card. What do you suggest? We arrive on Thurs. at 1345 and we are staying at the airport Hilton so we have a good part of Thurs. and all day Fri. to see the sights. We will need transportation to and from the airport and city a total of 4 times (in the 2 days) plus any other places that we need transportation to. I want to buy whatever will be the best deal for our needs. Thanks for your help. Cyndy

What is the difference between the city pass and the 24 hour ticket? I don't know if we need the Copenhagen card. What do you suggest? We arrive on Thurs. at 1345 and we are staying at the airport Hilton so we have a good part of Thurs. and all day Fri. to see the sights. We will need transportation to and from the airport and city a total of 4 times (in the 2 days) plus any other places that we need transportation to. I want to buy whatever will be the best deal for our needs. Thanks for your help. Cyndy

The 24-hour City Pass is good for travel within the city center and to and from the airport at a cost of DKK 75, while the 24-hour ticket is good for all zones within the capital region at a cost of DKK 130.

In you case, you only need the City Pass, but you may need more than 1 pass if you will be travelling beyond 24 hours.

Here is the link for more information:

http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/service/tickets-and-prices

Ray

I just called RCCL and they told me the ship is at birth #245. Is that in C330? If we buy the Copenhagen card and take the train as close as we can get, how long of a taxi ride is it and how much would the taxi cost?

Will the train and/or metro be running on Sat. May 24 so that when we go back to the airport to drop off our luggage at the hotel, we can then go into town?

According to the official port website the pier should be C330 and not C245

And yes the trains are running on a saturday, just do the reverse trip than the one i posted.

But if its C45 or C330 doesn´t matter if you take the taxi, you can however walk from Nordhavn station to the freeport terminal C245 and C254.

C330 ewill open this year so I think that its the reason why the cruise line isn´t updated with the new info.

A 3 zone ticket cost 36 DKK so thats 144 DKK for these 2 days.

A 72 hour Citypass is costing 190 DKK, that way you can also use it to the pier on the saturday.

I'm really confused now. I called RCCL again today and they said we get on in Freeport Terminal. Are you saying we can take the train from the airport to Nordhavn station and then walk to the pier? Is Nordhavn a train station? How far is the walk from the Nordhavn station to the pier?

If you go on google maps you can type in Oceankaj, 2150 købehavn Ø for C330 and Sundkaj, 2100 København Ø for C245.

Just turn on the walking function and it will leadyou from Nordhavn station to the pier.

If you walk from Nordhavn station to the pier (if its C245) you will have to change to a northbound S-train at either Østerport, Nørreport (only Metro) or the central station and change to a northbound S-train (direction Farum, Holte, Hillerød or Klampenborg).

Nordhavn is the next stop on the line after Østerport.

But I am wondering why there is conflicting information!

I'm really confused now. I called RCCL again today and they said we get on in Freeport Terminal. Are you saying we can take the train from the airport to Nordhavn station and then walk to the pier? Is Nordhavn a train station? How far is the walk from the Nordhavn station to the pier?

I am no substitute for Danish Viking, but our cruise also will be leaving from C330, so I think I can help with your questions. Danish Viking may correct some of this, but it's my general understanding.

1) There are three main areas in Copenhagen from which cruises depart. One is called "Freeport." It is the furthest north -- the furthest from the airport. C330 is the designation of a new location within the Freeport cruise complex. So, it appears your cruise will leave from location C330, Freeport terminals.

2) The Hilton is adjacent to the airport by walkway. There is both a train station and a metro station servicing the airport, so they are easy to get to from the Hilton.

3) Nordhavn is a train station. There are three basic types of trains in Copenhagen: standard long-haul trains, which also make a few stops in the city center, the "s-trains" (or, in Danish, the "s-tog"), and the metro. The metro is like a subway. The s-trains are a regional rail network. The regular trains are, as noted, regular trains. Nordhavn is an s-train station (I think exclusively, but I could be wrong). To get there, you take the metro from the airport to a station called Norreport, take a short walk, and then transfer to the s-train to Nordhavn. It takes about 30 to 40 minutes. It is 3 zones, so if you buy a single-use ticket, you need a 3 zone ticket, which will cost you about $7 USD per person. There may be a direct route from the airport to Nordhavn, but I don't think so.

4) The Nordhavn station is close to, and just a bit outside, the Freeport cruise complex. So, you will have to walk. It is reported to be a relatively easy, flat walk, although a bit circuitous, because you need to enter the cruise area at a designated location. For the Freeport slips currently in use, it is reported to be about a 15 minute walk. As far as I can tell from a map, though, the new slip -- C330 -- appears to be quite a ways further from Nordhavn in the Freeport complex. It looks to me closer to about 1.5 miles or so. If you want to see the walking directions and are good with google maps, go into maps, and search first for the Nordhavn station, which on Google maps is "Nordhavn st." Next, you need to search for directions to c330. As I understand it, c330 will be at the end of the road in the Freeport complex called "Oceanvej." So, in Google maps, search for "Oceanvej 10" -- 10 is the address. This is the approximate location of where I believe c330 will be. It looks to me that it will be a good 25 to 30 minute walk with luggage.

5) For what it's worth, I've decided to take a cab from the airport instead of messing with this. For two people, the train ticket is $14 or so. A cab will be about $60 to $70 USD. For the extra $50 or so, you don't have to worry about changing trains with luggage or walking from Nordhavn. If you are frugal and want an in-between option that is easier, you can take the train from the Airport to a different station, called Oesterport. This is a direct journey, and there is no change required. Trains leave every 15 minutes or so, and it's a 20 to 25 minute ride. Oesterport is too far from Freeport to walk, but a taxi will be less expensive. So, you pay for the train ticket, and you pay about half you would have for a cab all the way from the airport. So, maybe you save $20 to $30 or so.

(Edit: Whoops, Danish Viking beat me to it while I was typing!)

Edited by Regguy

You have learned well young padawan :D

But The new cruise terminal is not located within the freeport terminal.

The cruise piers with the ones located furthest away first.

C330 Cruise Terminal, Oceankaj (brand new opens this year)

C254 Freeport Terminal, Orientkaj

C245 Freeport Terminal, Sundkaj (but is not on the cruiselist this year)

C190 Langeliniekaj

C177 Nordre Toldbod (only smaller ships)

http://www.cmport.com/ships-in-port/cruise-ships/cruise-list-2013

Edited by Danish viking

Ahh, thank you DV -- So, it's not even Freeport at all, just north of it. Got it.

I actually do, though, have two questions that relate to what I posted and are a bit further afield from the OP's questions, but may be helpful to anyone reading this.

First, in terms of getting to Nordhavn from the airport, the standard route given on the Rejsplanner on-line is what I see most often -- to take the metro to Norreport, and then walk a few hundred meters from the metro station to the s-tog station. My guess is that it is done this way because the metro trains come every few minutes. But if you aren't in a rush and don't want to walk with bags, could you just take the regular train from Airport to Oesterport, and then the s-tog from Oesterport to Nordhavn? How easy is the connection from the train to s-train in Nordhavn?

Second, how easy is it to find a taxi at Oesterport? Is there a regular line up and stand?

Edited by Regguy

Østerport is one of the larger stations in Copenhagen with 25.000 daily passengers (Nørreport and Central Station around 100.000 passengers) so there should be taxi´s waiting.

The taxi rink can be seen on this map just outside track 1.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/%C3%98sterport.pdf

But yes the reason why rejseplanen.dk chooses the metro its because it runs every 3-6 minute during the day.

The Øresund trains "only" runs every 10 minute during the day but here you can change to the S-train at both København H (Central Station), Nørreport and Østerport.

Nordhavn Station only serves the S-train so you need to change trains at one point.

But only C254 is walkable from Nordhavn, C330 is probably 30 minutes on foot.

To sum it up

København H has 7 platforms with 13 track (with 2 metro track under construction).

The S-trains are departing from track 9 to 12 (9-10 northbound and 11-12 south/westbound)

The Øresund trains normally Arrive/depart from track 3-4 from the airport and 5-6 to the airport.

But track 1, 2, 7 and 8 can also be used.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/Hovedbanen.pdf

Nørreport:

There are 4 north/southbound tracks on 2 platforms and 2 east/westbound Metro tracks on a lower level.

Kiosk and ticket sales on level 0

On level -1

The Øresund trains uses track 1 and 2

The S-train uses track 3 and 4

On level -2

The metro.

Østerport has 8 tracks (and 2 metro tracks under construction)

Track 1 and 2

Trains from the central station

Track 3 and 4

Trains towards the central station

tracks 5 and 6

S-trains

Tracks 12 and 13 are only extra platforms in the rush hour.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/%C3%98sterport.pdf

The central station is large but manageable, it also has alot of shops and places to get something to eat.

Nørreport is a maze of tunnels and underground platforms, and is also under construction atm. (track 1 and 2 opens in April after 8 months of renovation)

Østerport is smaller and very very easy to navigate.

Thanks both of you for your helpful information. We have walked 30-45 min. in Rome and Barcelona with luggage and it was doable. We'll have to see when we get there what we feel up to and it also depends on the weather. If it is raining, I don't want to walk 30 min. in the rain with luggage.