First aft! Explorer advice please - 1692 &1694 or 1392 & 1394

Hi there,

Considering booking our first aft cabin!

We need two rooms interconnecting, so are considering a D1 balcony and a junior suite. Choices are 1692 & 1694, or 1392 & 1394.

I've done some research but was wondering if anyone could help make up our mind on which ones to book. Is there something that stands out one set from the other?

Deck plan shows 1694 more of obstruction than 1394. Has anyone experienced this?

Does the metal work impact the view too much?

Any pics of these exact cabins / balconies would also be great if you had any!

Thank you for your help!

Can't be specific for the Explorer, but having sailed on the aft of that class as well as the very similar freedom ships (aft design)- those sets of cabins are mirror images of each other.

I don't see any difference in view from one to the other pair.

This is a picture of the aft of the Navigator- which is the same as the Explorer.

You can see the pairs of cabins. There's no difference in the structure of the ship from one pair to the other.

U-Royal-Caribbean-Adventure-of-the-Seas-6390-4f3c7fb4c3b92.jpg

Thank you so much for the photo and advice!

I have seen photos of the walls/ balcony barrier between the two cabins I'm looking to book 1692/1694 and 1392/1394. As we are traveling together there is not much fuss here if we can into each others rooms.

However I am concerned about privacy and the cabin on the other side.

Would you by any chance know the wall between 1692/1690 & 1392/1390 - how private is that? Does the barrier come right up to the railing? Would you by any chance have any photos between these two cabins? Wondering how private it would be from the cabin not in our group.

The barriers go right to the railing.

But its still possible to poke your head around that- just as you can for almost every other balcony.

There are the occasional story about that, but we've never encountered issues with privacy on the balconies.

We had 1390 on Explorer, also 1394 on Navigator which is very similar ship.

The barrier between 1390 and 1392 comes right up to the railing. All the barriers on the aft are slanted at the railing as opposed to straight on the side balconies. Because of this when you stand at the railing and someone next door is at their railing you can see them easier than on the side balconies. Further back on the balcony is still private though unless you stick your head right around. Its never been a problem for us.

As already mentioned there is no difference between 1692/4 and 1392/4. On deck 10 we hardly notice the metalwork as its all below your view.

Hope you enjoy the aft as much as we do:)

Julie

Hi there,

Considering booking our first aft cabin!

We need two rooms interconnecting, so are considering a D1 balcony and a junior suite. Choices are 1692 & 1694, or 1392 & 1394.

I've done some research but was wondering if anyone could help make up our mind on which ones to book. Is there something that stands out one set from the other?

Deck plan shows 1694 more of obstruction than 1394. Has anyone experienced this?

Does the metal work impact the view too much?

Any pics of these exact cabins / balconies would also be great if you had any!

Thank you for your help!

We are booked in cabin 1392, I will post plenty of pics when we return. First time in a balcony room, plus it is for a family of four so we will let you know how much space we have.

Hope you have a great cruise, talk soon xx

The biggest difference is that 1694 and 1394 are Junior Suites, and 1692 and 1392 are D1 cabins. You get a more real estate with the JS (along with double cruise points). Of course, you also get a bigger price tag with the JS.

Thank you! We were lucky the JS was only $200 more per person, so jumped on it! Do you earn more points per sailing with JS? Any other big advantage to JS other than cabin and balcony side? From what I understand JS doesn't get full suite perks.

Thank you! We were lucky the JS was only $200 more per person, so jumped on it! Do you earn more points per sailing with JS? Any other big advantage to JS other than cabin and balcony side? From what I understand JS doesn't get full suite perks.

JS Perks:

Bathtub, walk-in closet (all but Majesty and Vision class), priority check-in and boarding, tea kettle, coffee maker, bathroom amenities, robes, double C&A points, and a silver Seapass card.

Have been in 1694 twice on the Ex. Loved it. After 5 minutes the superstructure becomes a non-issue.

We were in 1694 earlier this month. The balcony was huge! Just over 13'x13'.

I'd love to see any photos of the cabin / balcony if you have any easily accessible!

Thanks so much all for your advice and information :)

Thanks so much for this picture and especially the labelling of the cabins! How incredibly helpful these boards are....I am constantly amazed and grateful.

I don't mean to be flippant- but a quick google search found that for me. I've seen the same pictures of the Jewel- when we were deciding for our first Aft cabin.

I just typed the ship name in, aft, and pictures- and all the images came up. That one answered the question the best.

At some time, someone has done a LOT of work. It would be nice to thank them, but I don't know who did that. What's funny- the google location of that picture was here- Cruise Critic.

I digress- enjoy the Afts- it's our favorite location!!!

Thanks so much for this picture and especially the labelling of the cabins! How incredibly helpful these boards are....I am constantly amazed and grateful.

I agree, very helpful image and really helped show all the afts and difference in balcony sizes etc.