Crown Princess inside cabins???

erni

Thinking of taking a 7 day cruise to Mexico on the Crown Princess in an inside cabin. Any recommendations? Have never been on the crown and we usually have a caribe balcony on other ships but decided to do inside this time. I know there are larger inside rooms on some ships (d716 &717) and wondered if the Crown had any of these "special" inside cabins.

Has anyone stayed on the Plaza deck and thoughts?

We are looking at L248, p340 or A312

Thanks for any input.

Sue

Thinking of taking a 7 day cruise to Mexico on the Crown Princess in an inside cabin. Any recommendations? Have never been on the crown and we usually have a caribe balcony on other ships but decided to do inside this time. I know there are larger inside rooms on some ships (d716 &717) and wondered if the Crown had any of these "special" inside cabins.

Thanks for any input.

Sue

We have stayed on most decks. Found inside cabins near midship the best. Tended also to be quieter.

Thanks for any input.

Sue

I have booked an inside on the Crown Lido deck for a cruise next year and I will be very interested to hear from anyone concerning these cabins also. It seems that it will be very convenient to all the fun on the Lido deck but I worry about the noise. Sue, don't wait too long to book your cabin as the HC cabins seem to get reserved very fast. We need more cabins to choose from!

Good luck and smooth sailing

Sue

Thanks for any input.

Sue

Sorry I didn't see this until today to answer. We stayed in L105. It's aaaaaaalll the way forward.

Now, it isn't handicap accessible, so the door isn't any wider, etc., but the cabin itself seemed a bit bigger than the other insides we saw, and was super-quiet. That may not help you at all, but I wanted to chime in as some had said Lido rooms were loud. We were RIGHT UNDER the gym, and didn't have any noise from that.

• 4 weeks later...

Also, the Crown has an elevator problem. The wait to get on an elevator is forever. Remember, to give yourself lots of time if your going to dinner, a show or a venue that requires you to be there early.

If you're in the main dining room in the aft of the ship.......DO NOT GET THERE before 6:00pm. The ceilings are low, the crowds are huge and they will NOT open the doors until 6:00pm. Your dining time may say 5:45 but you'll be waiting out in the cramped hall and stairway [with very small and slow elevators] for at least 15 minutes. Don't bother! Show up at 6:00 and you'll go directly to your table!

Remember, the showroom does not have enough seating for the early show. You MUST get there at least 1/2 hour before show time or you won't find a seat!

Have a fun cruise!

Do not book a cabin on Emerald Deck over the night club........the constant pounding of the drum beat in the evening could drive you mad! If you go to bed late, it won't be a big deal! :(

Edited by wizard-of-roz

We were in the accessible cabin on the Lido deck and although it is forward, found it to be quiet. I had read that the inside accessibles next to the elevators were noisy from the elevator running up and down, but don't know from our own experience. Would be interested in knowing about the Plaza deck accessibles too.

The cabins are just the regular handicapped accessible size (I understand what you mean, but there are none of those on the Crown). But we found the Lido deck cabin to be quite convenient. We went to the maitre d and requested the traditional seating which is offered in the midship deck 6 dining room for part of the evening rather than the fully traditional dining room at the aft of deck 6 because of the problems we have experience before as mentioned by roz above. You might consider that if you have traditional.

Thanks everyone for your input. Seems as if there aren't those bigger rooms like on the Grand class ships (E717 & 716). We have found that on the Grand E717 was VERY NOISY. Their must be some equipment right next store to the room that takes some getting use to - but the room size has made up for the noise.

Roz- know what you are talking about the elevators. Think that is on every ship with the wait to get an elevator and able body people pushing into the elevator before my husband in a wheelchair can get in. Doesn't matter how long he has been waiting and if they just walked up! The aft dining room is the pits. Our last cruise we opted for the first time anytime dining. Worked out great and they reserved the same table for us every night @ 7:45 and no trouble fighting the aft elevators. We always eat late on cruises.

Thanks again everyone.

Next cruise for us is on the Star in a couple of months and still thinking about the Crown in March amazingly they still have rooms for us available. Usually book about 1 1/2 years out and just keep an eye out for price drops.

Sue