Egg Crates?

fenreed

I just read a question on another board regarding 'egg crates'!!!!

Evidently they are made of foam and can be put onto your cabin mattress to 'soften it'. The poster said "'every ship will have them."

Anybody come across these on Cunard? It's just the thing I want for my wife's bad back!

Pete

Evidently they are made of foam and can be put onto your cabin mattress to 'soften it'. The poster said "'every ship will have them."

Anybody come across these on Cunard? It's just the thing I want for my wife's bad back!

Pete

Trust she's a good egg then.....

Matthew

egg crates

When I read the title of your post I thought you meant the loft conversion that Matthew's so fond of;)

I don't know if Cunard supply them but I know that you can buy mattress toppers that are supposed to help bad backs (see picture). Cunard can provide all sorts of aids to help so it might be worth ringing and asking them:)

NR9160.jpg.7d29ced975320eb921998ea7a7a27c9d.jpg

When I read the title of your post I thought you meant the loft conversion that Matthew's so fond of;)

I don't know if Cunard supply them but I know that you can buy mattress toppers that are supposed to help bad backs (see picture). Cunard can provide all sorts of aids to help so it might be worth ringing and asking them:)

I thought you were supposed to put things like that under the bottom sheet?

Pete

Those foam "Egg Crates" are only used by cruiselines (and people at home) who are too cheap to invest in/upgrade to comfortable & supportive bedding.

With a good quality mattress, those things are completely unnecessary...

Those foam "Egg Crates" are only used by cruiselines (and people at home) who are too cheap to invest in/upgrade to comfortable & supportive bedding.

With a good quality mattress, those things are completely unnecessary...

actually Brien, that is not entirely correct.

I have a very good quality bed and mattress AND I have a "topper", although it is a slightly different design to that shown in the picture. I travel a reasonable amount and the Marriot use them on all their beds throughout the world so I like to seek that particular hotel chain out....it is the best sleep I have ever had in a hotel and I was lucky enough to source one direct through them.

Perhaps you might like try one yourself and you may have a better sleep and wake up refreshed, in a better mood and a little less judgemental..

:D

mw as well, I always seek a very firm mattress for bad backs, I found the one on the qm2 to be very good, not a problem at all, all hilton use top quality matresses and cunard come a close 2nd to them, my own matress is by the same hilton company.

im sure you wont have problem on the ship, but they will always help you.

rob

brien...that was of course said a little tongue in cheek.....!

No worries Ben - No offense taken -

- I just think back on the cruise with a certain line where the beds were actually concave: The steward's reaction to my pointing out that the beds were unsatisfactory was "Oh, would you like me to put on a mattress topper?" (Egg Crate)

This was at least a couple years after HAL had upgraded their beds fleetwide -

- I'd expect that Cunard's beds are at least as good as HAL's...

No worries Ben - No offense taken -

- I just think back on the cruise with a certain line where the beds were actually concave: The steward's reaction to my pointing out that the beds were unsatisfactory was "Oh, would you like me to put on a mattress topper?" (Egg Crate)

This was at least a couple years after HAL had upgraded their beds fleetwide -

- I'd expect that Cunard's beds are at least as good as HAL's...

my topper is more like a thick duvet which fits over the mattress....its like sleeping in a cloud..... my experience of the Cunard beds are they are pretty good and im looking forward to trying them out on the QV....

roscoe:p

Archived