Poor water qquality at Great Bay?

smilz

Can anyone tell me the current conditions at Great Bay beach? babysitting for our toddler granddaughter when we go to ST M and was just planning to take the water taxi over for some splashing and sand castle building. Not too comfortable to put her in a taxi without a car seat. Ideas?

Can anyone tell me the current conditions at Great Bay beach? babysitting for our toddler granddaughter when we go to ST M and was just planning to take the water taxi over for some splashing and sand castle building. Not too comfortable to put her in a taxi without a car seat. Ideas?

Seats belts are mandatory are car seats not? That would not make sense to me.

It was reported on Nov 13 th in the local newspaper that GBB failed a recent water quality test. It fails often. Little Bay is near the pier and always passes. I bet folks over on the family board can tell you if taxis have car seats on St. Maarten.

I also agree with Karysa on the water quality at Great Bay, which is where the water taxi drops you off.

You can take a taxi (minivan) over to Le Galion beach. This is the perfect beach for the little ones and building sand castles. I do not know if any of the taxis have car seats.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g2010748-d538329-Reviews-Le_Galion_Beach-Quartier_D_Orleans_Saint_Martin_St_Maarten_St_Martin.html

• 2 weeks later...

So is this just typical of most of the islands in this area with heavy rains? What I mean is, say I were to arrive on SXM in the end of January and there might have been zero rainy days in the month or maybe 1 short rain day early in the month then Great Bay would be more than fine by the time I arrive?

Thanks!

So is this just typical of most of the islands in this area with heavy rains? What I mean is, say I were to arrive on SXM in the end of January and there might have been zero rainy days in the month or maybe 1 short rain day early in the month then Great Bay would be more than fine by the time I arrive?

Thanks!

Great Bay and Kim Sha are the beaches that seem to fail more often then they pass. The island has approximately 30 other beaches so I swim at those. Personally it's way easier than to check the weather forecast to me. :D