onboard credit for gratuities

mdallasm1

Hey guys, quick question. I have been told conflicting information. Can onboard credit be used towards pre-paid gratuities. Msc rep said no, though she suggested that could just be the credit from msc and my travel agents obc may be different. my ta seems to thing it can apply toward gratuities. thanks for the help

Hey guys, quick question. I have been told conflicting information. Can onboard credit be used towards pre-paid gratuities. Msc rep said no, though she suggested that could just be the credit from msc and my travel agents obc may be different. my ta seems to thing it can apply toward gratuities. thanks for the help

if the grats are PRE-PAID then there are no further payments for grats required

if you want to use OBC for grats DON'T pre-pay them just let them go on to your on-board account and let the OBC take care of them .

OBC is just like a cash addition into your account

PETE

Was told just yesterday on the phone that OBC provided by MSC cannot be used for gratuities.

We have 300.00 in onboard credits for our upcoming cruise. We were told that we had to put additional cash in account to cover gratuities.

If you hear something different please let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you don't pre pay them then you can use obc for grats.

We've been on the Divina twice. Both times we were able to use our on board credit from MSC to put towards the gratuities. It will appear on your account as a credit and as you make charges to your shipboard account you will see it being deducted. The gratuities are charged to your account daily not one lump sum.