Things to do at the Pier

At Sea 4Ever

Was wondering what is in walking distance or at the pier. Is there anything to do or see when you first step off the ship? We will be sailing the Jewel of the Seas. Any comments are appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Fort Fredrick, Victorian Danish architecture, shopping plaza, cute little park with tons of iguanas, nice beach with paddleboard & chair/umbrella rentals and good food + wifi, local shops. All within 10 minute's walk from the pier.

Fort Fredrick, Victorian Danish architecture, shopping plaza, cute little park with tons of iguanas, nice beach with paddleboard & chair/umbrella rentals and good food + wifi, local shops. All within 10 minute's walk from the pier.

Thanks for the response! Do you know the name of the beach?

I never knew the name, but if you get off the ship and turn left, it is only a couple of blocks away, just past Fort Frederick. You can see it from the pier. There might be nicer beaches if you are willing to travel, but this one was perfectly fine and had every amenity we could ask for.

Thanks for the response! Do you know the name of the beach?

Don't know the name either, but here are a few videos. I have seen your questions about this on the other boards and you are smart to investigate this kind of information before hand. There is usually something to do if you search enough.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Did anyone try snorkeling at the beach right off the pier? If so, how was it?

Fort Frederick beach is a fine place to snorkel with a few caveats: first you have to be very aware of the people learning to paddle board at freedom city, I can't tell you how many snorkelers I've seen hit by a wayward board. Second it tends to get pretty stirred up from all the activity concentrated right there making it a bit murky at times. Finally please be aware of lionfish! We have seen several along that stretch lately and they are nothing to be trifled with.

Take heed of these things and you should have a great time!