Boston airport and water vs. vehicle taxi

AACJ

So our upcoming cruise is going out of San Juan. But, on our flight to there from Virginia, we have a 4 hour stopover in Boston. We had a port stop in Boston on a cruise a few years ago and enjoyed the town, especially the North End.

We are considering taking a water taxi from the airport to the wharf. If you live or have been to Boston, what are your thoughts on a vehicle taxi vs a water taxi? Is it cheaper taking a water taxi? Quicker or slower? We want to make the most of our time there..

I can see advantages to using the street taxi.

They can take you directly from your air terminal to your in-town destination. To take a water taxi, you'd have to wait at your terminal for the airport shuttle bus, take the shuttle bus to the airport dock, and then take the water taxi to the downtown waterfront, and then either walk to your destination or take yet another taxi. And the same in reverse.

With only a short layover, it might be best to take a single taxi from the air terminal directly to Ernesto's. I would suggest that you ask the driver to use the older tunnels; the Sumner Tunnel from the airport and the Callahan tunnel back to the airport. The city-side end of those tunnels is quite close to Ernesto's.

• 4 weeks later...

We ended up taking the shuttle to the subway and got off at Aquarium. Did the same on the way back in reverse. Plenty of time to do everything we wanted and much cheaper too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk