Solo in Independence

runner2013

Hi all my seasoned solo cruisers,

Thinking about booking a cruise in August on Independence of Seas. Was wondering if any of you out there have ever sailed on her. What was your experience as a solo, did you enjoy it, would you recommend it to others solo's?

Any thoughts/info greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Patty

Hi all my seasoned solo cruisers,

Thinking about booking a cruise in August on Independence of Seas. Was wondering if any of you out there have ever sailed on her. What was your experience as a solo, did you enjoy it, would you recommend it to others solo's?

Any thoughts/info greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Patty

Hi Patty,

I was a solo on the Independence 13-night Transatlantic from Ft. Lauderdale to Southampton last May. There were organized lunches on sea days for solo cruisers (not sure if they also do this on the shorter cruises). The Independence was loaded with solos, thanks to a great no-supplement solo rate (I paid only $56 a night for my Oceanview cabin!). Also met lots of friendly couples and solos at the Meet & Mingle and in the Diamond Lounge, Trivia, etc. In the main dining room I was seated with three other solos and one couple and we had a great table. I really liked the Independence.

Beth

Patty I have also done the Indi solo a different time. It's your standard solo cruise. If you are lucky enough to hit a good group of singles it is good. If not it's pretty run of the mill. I do love the Indi though. Greg