Bridgetown - just starting to plan

itchintogo

Okay, let's start with the basics. We are doing the Legendary Blues Cruise on the Summit in October, and it is docking in Bridgeport Barbados:):D:rolleyes: is that where all cruise ships dock? I ask because as I do research on what to do, I want to make sure I'm looking within the right area.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck with your planning and preparations for Bridgetown and wonderful Barbados. At

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2262999

with the title of "Barbados: Our Pix's, Experiences Feb./2015!" so you can see lots of fun visuals and ideas for many options and potentials in and around this historic and charming island.

There is so much to see and do here that you really need to do more than walk around their downtown/shopping areas. Those are nice, but Barbados offer so super much to experience than your average or typical Caribbean island. Plus, there are very good and interesting people here. What's best? Much depends on your exact personal style and past travel experience loves, etc. Need proof on Barbados' greatness? Here below are a few of my visuals as a little "evidence" and a sampling of its wonders. Many more on the fuller posting linked above.

Don't be shy!! Feel free on that thread to ask any follow-up questions, etc. Keep researching!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 40,213 views for these postings.

Before boarding our ship, we did a three-hour private tour with a Barbados taxi driver. He took us all over this historic and scenic island, including to the top where the Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea come together. Is this a dramatic and scenic location? Does my wife’s smile say it all?:

Jan15SCStartA18_zps3ohbqq6l.jpg

Here are a few more visuals samples from our three-hour private tour around Barbados. This includes their Parliament building in main downtown, my wife loving this stop at one of their top beaches, visiting their historic St. James church and going through one of their older towns along the coast. Lots of nice homes and areas in this northern part of Barbados.:

Jan15SCStartA20_zpsfnqiknki.jpg

Jan15SCStartA21_zpsqwwe5utx.jpg

Jan15SCStartA24_zps8jpsbxj6.jpg

Here is one example for what saw when walking from the port to the main part of town in Barbados. This includes the local island fish market where this merchant showed us a look at one of his large fish.:

SCFeb11BB11_zpsrlhsrjuw.jpg

Here is sample of party boats in the main harbor serving some of the visitors from the Royal Princess and Carnival ships that were in port during this day:

SCFeb11BB10_zpsozkjfahv.jpg