Dawn - Internet packages

mein18

While online and in the planning area of our cruise on the Dawn, I see that there is an option to pre-purchase internet packages however it shows as zero options and is shaded out.

We will be on the Dawn in late January. Does anyone know if the option to pre-purchase internet will be available and if so when?

Does the Dawn have an unlimited internet package?

I asked a rep while I was on the phone regarding a different matter but she was not able to tell me anything.

Thank you.

Thank you! Maybe the option will appear in another month or so.

May I ask how much the unlimited was?

It must have gone up, the price is showing now as $209.93, we paid $174.93 on October 14.

We are traveling with two 22 year olds, I need to check in to work once a day, so the cost is well worth it!! Normally I would just book the 250 minute package which used to be $100 is now $125. I am platinum so they add in 30 extra minutes. Part of our suite perk for our next cruise is free internet, that cruise is just my husband and I so we wont need unlimited.

Thank you. Even at $209 will be a huge savings for me. Run online businesses and unfortunately, can't let them sit unattended for a week. I have always started with the 250 minute but never made it through the week so had to supplement with a smaller package in the past. Unlimited will take the worries out. Only downside is in the past having to monitor minutes, kept me as efficient with my time as possible. Without that worry, have to be careful to balance the vacation vs business aspect.

I purchased the unlimited internet on the Dawn for my sailing of 10/23 and it was 29.99/day. I was able to purchase it in on the second day for 180.00.

While it was slow in the internet café (deck 9 mid-ship), it was NON EXISTENT in my cabin. I talked to others in my group who purchased it and they all said it was a waste of money. Unless you like running back and forth to the internet café (or you HAVE to have internet for your business, like me), I would not recommend purchasing.

I purchased the unlimited internet on the Dawn for my sailing of 10/23 and it was 29.99/day. I was able to purchase it in on the second day for 180.00.

While it was slow in the internet café (deck 9 mid-ship), it was NON EXISTENT in my cabin. I talked to others in my group who purchased it and they all said it was a waste of money. Unless you like running back and forth to the internet café (or you HAVE to have internet for your business, like me), I would not recommend purchasing.

I agree, it is painfully slow!! I had my tablet and phone with me, but I would still go to the internet café for work related business.

With the unlimited plan, I assume more are using the internet onboard. I get around the lack of speed by using a service that connects directly to my home computer via internet so it is then my home internet that is actually doing the heavy internet access and my laptop I have with me only uses what i believe is called emulation. Still slower than sitting at home office but fast enough to get done what I need to. No complaints on the cruises we have been on.

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the Dawn 11-15 to 11-22.

We had purchased the unlimited internet package in advance, so glad we did.

Only one of us could be online at once, but we were all able to sign in and access our e-mails or whatever.

Bon Voyage!!

When were you able to purchase in advance? We are 68 days and still not available.

We purchased the package on October 14 for a cruise leaving November 15, so a month and a day. At the time it was $174.93 the price has gone up since then.

My husband purchased the unlimited internet service on bboard the Dawn last June. I don't remember how much he paid, but it was under $200.00 for 7 days.

The price has gone up since then. I think just a month or so ago.

Now it is about $210 for 7 days. But only about $35 more than 250 minutes so worth it for me.

Just went below 60 days out and the Internet package is available now.

Thanks, good to know!! BTW, between me and our group of 12 we logged in over 3000 minutes. The connection time wasn't too bad this cruise. The girls (my 22 year old and her best friend forgot to log out a couple of times).

Wow. That would have cost as much as the cruise did if you didn't have unlimited.

No kidding!! Thank goodness we purchased the unlimited package.

Just a note, make sure you key in "logout.com" in your browser to log out, we noticed that sometimes when we didn't do this, we remained online.