Will Carnival move us?

momstreat

3 of us booked a quad over a year in advance of sailing. The ship is almost sold out. We don't sail for 8 more months. One person moved to another room after her husband decided to go. What are the chances Carnival will move us to another room? It is occupancy restricted. :rolleyes: If they do move us will we get to choose the room? Their web site says only interior rooms are left. We have an ocean view. Will we be able to keep an ocean view? And will they let us know ASAP or will they wait until check in??

3 of us booked a quad over a year in advance of sailing. The ship is almost sold out. We don't sail for 8 more months. One person moved to another room after her husband decided to go. What are the chances Carnival will move us to another room? It is occupancy restricted. :rolleyes: If they do move us will we get to choose the room? Their web site says only interior rooms are left. We have an ocean view. Will we be able to keep an ocean view? And will they let us know ASAP or will they wait until check in??

they can if they need the quad room. its probably unlikely but they can. If this was a guarantee room, its more likely

if its not a guarantee room, they will 99% of the time let you know and they can not downgrade you. They will give you the same priced room or better. they wont let you decide. they will tell you what they will switch you to

Thanks. This is one of the Carnival Journey cruises. Doesn't sail until next May and now only interior rooms listed online. I'm glad to know that they can't "downgrade" us. I was afraid they could since the change in passenger number leaves 2 empty beds. I can see only interior rooms, should I assume that Carnival has others-just not selling right now?

Actually, the will let you decide. I received a call explaining someone needed our ocean view room, and if i didnt mind would i move. It was a question not a statement.

I had a few questions, and he explained if we were willing to move, they would put us in a balcony on 7th floor ( we were ocean view second floor)

we jumped at the chance.. however, it was very much asking us would you be willing to do this.

I have heard many stories where there are telling people they had to move so I think you were lucky. I would be curious to find out what would happen if you said no.

technically they are allowed to move you.

You have already compromised your agreement with Carnival by booking a room with extra beds and then self-reducing your occupancy to just 2. Carnival probably won't do anything until after your final payment is due to see if you again increase your occupancy. If you don't then they can "force" you to move. Is it likely to happen, probably not since these cruises do not sail during the prime summer months, are longer and the need for "child berths" isn't probably going to happen. As an aside...also, I can't imagine 4 adults trying to live together for 11 days in a cabin realistically "built" for 2.

Thanks. This is one of the Carnival Journey cruises. Doesn't sail until next May and now only interior rooms listed online. I'm glad to know that they can't "downgrade" us. I was afraid they could since the change in passenger number leaves 2 empty beds. I can see only interior rooms, should I assume that Carnival has others-just not selling right now?

They cannot downgrade you if they need the cabin for any reason. If anything you would get a free upgrade.