independant dive operator in Bonaire please

Cruizann

We will be in Bonaire for one day in January and because my DH (who runs half marathons in a good time and is very fit) is over age 65, Dive Friends who are the dive operator for Holland america will not let him dive. Can anyone please recommend a good dive operator who would take scuba divers out on a shore dive or a boat dive for one day only. Your advise is much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
Buddy Dive - you can Google them and then correspond with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you very much. We have contacted Buddy Dive and will be diving with them. Fantastic.

• 6 months later...
We will be in Bonaire for one day in January and because my DH (who runs half marathons in a good time and is very fit) is over age 65, Dive Friends who are the dive operator for Holland america will not let him dive. Can anyone please recommend a good dive operator who would take scuba divers out on a shore dive or a boat dive for one day only. Your advise is much appreciated.

I just sent the following email to Princess Customer Relations. I think the age restrictions for diving at Bonaire are offensive.

I am booked on the Royal departing November 10 for the Caribbean. Booking reference ....

I have cruised the Caribbean many times with Princess. What brings me back for multiple cruises over the same patch of ocean is the diving excursions at the ports of call. Especially Bonaire. The diving in the park there is fantastic. I last dove there on a Princess excursion two years ago at age 67. Lovely shallow dives, great visbility, no currents, easy access in and out of the dive boat. No stress, easy diving. (I should also remark that I am extremely fit and quite capable of higher stress, more difficult diving.)

I tried to reserve this excursion of my upcoming cruise but was rejected due to my age being over 65 (now 69). This is outrageous and I intend to give this issue as much visibility as I can muster until you reverse this discriminatory policy. Do not try to pass the responsibility on to the dive operators seeking protection from the fact that they are not an American company and not bound by American views on the issue of discrimination based up age. Do not blame the insurance companies. Princess is acting as their agent and promoting age discrimination. While that may be legal (that remains to be seen and I will explore that consideration as well with the AARP) but it is not "smart" considering the demographics of your market.

It's a real slap in the face of this black card holder! And I'm mad as hell!!

Please take action immediately to reverse this insulting policy.

David Thoenen

Edited by tainui

• 1 month later...
I just sent the following email to Princess Customer Relations. I think the age restrictions for diving at Bonaire are offensive.

I am booked on the Royal departing November 10 for the Caribbean. Booking reference ....

I have cruised the Caribbean many times with Princess. What brings me back for multiple cruises over the same patch of ocean is the diving excursions at the ports of call. Especially Bonaire. The diving in the park there is fantastic. I last dove there on a Princess excursion two years ago at age 67. Lovely shallow dives, great visbility, no currents, easy access in and out of the dive boat. No stress, easy diving. (I should also remark that I am extremely fit and quite capable of higher stress, more difficult diving.)

I tried to reserve this excursion of my upcoming cruise but was rejected due to my age being over 65 (now 69). This is outrageous and I intend to give this issue as much visibility as I can muster until you reverse this discriminatory policy. Do not try to pass the responsibility on to the dive operators seeking protection from the fact that they are not an American company and not bound by American views on the issue of discrimination based up age. Do not blame the insurance companies. Princess is acting as their agent and promoting age discrimination. While that may be legal (that remains to be seen and I will explore that consideration as well with the AARP) but it is not "smart" considering the demographics of your market.

It's a real slap in the face of this black card holder! And I'm mad as hell!!

Please take action immediately to reverse this insulting policy.

David Thoenen

running into the same problem on rci for their snorkel trips.. we have snorkelers in our group ranging in age from 65 to 80.. all experienced snorkelers... we had to arrange an outside company to go with vs. the ship's tours..