HAL cabin H1807, anyone?

uppitycats

We're contemplating a cruise to Alaska on HAL (Amsterdam) next June..

My agent says this is the last handicap accessible cabin available -- H1807. According to the deck plan, it has portholes (not a window) and is across from the infirmary...not an ideal situation, but....if it's the last available, we might consider it. It looks, though, small -- smaller than even the cabin right next to it.

So..has anyone stayed in this specific cabin? I would be in a power wheelchair ... will I (and my husband) be able to manage in this cabin?

We're contemplating a cruise to Alaska on HAL (Amsterdam) next June..

My agent says this is the last handicap accessible cabin available -- H1807. According to the deck plan, it has portholes (not a window) and is across from the infirmary...not an ideal situation, but....if it's the last available, we might consider it. It looks, though, small -- smaller than even the cabin right next to it.

So..has anyone stayed in this specific cabin? I would be in a power wheelchair ... will I (and my husband) be able to manage in this cabin?

Uppitycats, I do not have info on H 1807 but do have photos and a bit of a comment from someone who was in H 1804.

Just click on each photo to see them full sized:

H 1804 Large Ocean View Stateroom Deck 1 Dolphin Deck wheelchair accessible with a shower only.

[

sm_coffeeclutch1_img_0758.jpg--sm_coffeeclutch1_img_0957.jpg

[

sm_coffeeclutch1_img_0958.jpg--sm_coffeeclutch1_img_0959.jpg

[

sm_coffeeclutch1_img_0960.jpg

[

Handicap- outside room 1804. Portholes not windows Amsterdam, Deck 1, Dolphin deck. The room was at the very front of the ship

[

Cruise Critic Member: coffeeclutch1

Joanie

Thanks! After a few calls back and forth we'll be booking either FF 1964 or FF1955...a bit more expensive, but a bit roomier, too...and with a window (albeit "obstructed") than just portholes. We're happy. :)

Yes, I know about the "modified" cabin thing. That can be tricky for an inexperienced cruiser, for sure! I'd hate to have to have a truly wheelchair accessible cabin and get stuck in one of those! :eek:

Archived