Scooters on ferries

Ron732

Yes, scooters can go on the St. George ferry, but be aware of a few things. In St. George's the walkways have a slight tilt to them at times. Not evident when walking, but you will feel it on a scooter. Be careful....also bumpy in places. Also returning on the ferry, the tide changes and can be rather steep to get back on with the scooter. They will help you, but can be scary.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Whether a scooter (I assume you mean a mobility scooter, not a motor scooter for use on the roads...motor scooters are now totally prohibited on the Orange Route) can be taken on the Orange Route ferry between Dockyard and St. George is at the discretion of the ferry crew as the scooter may have to be lifted on board by the crew. This change came about a couple years ago when Bermuda started using a chartered ferry for the Orange Route. That ferry, the Millennium, isn't boarded by means of a front ramp that would easily permit driving a motor bike or riding a mobility scooter on and off the ferry. The entrance to the boat is on the side and much smaller and narrower. When you read the ferry schedule you'll see a footnote that says "Limited size wheelchairs for St. George's, see crew for assistance."

http://www.marineandports.bm/Documents/BMOC/Summer%20Ferry%20Schedule%202017.pdf

Whether a scooter (I assume you mean a mobility scooter, not a motor scooter for use on the roads...motor scooters are now totally prohibited on the Orange Route) can be taken on the Orange Route ferry between Dockyard and St. George is at the discretion of the ferry crew as the scooter may have to be lifted on board by the crew. This change came about a couple years ago when Bermuda started using a chartered ferry for the Orange Route. That ferry, the Millennium, isn't boarded by means of a front ramp that would easily permit driving a motor bike or riding a mobility scooter on and off the ferry. The entrance to the boat is on the side and much smaller and narrower. When you read the ferry schedule you'll see a footnote that says "Limited size wheelchairs for St. George's, see crew for assistance."

http://www.marineandports.bm/Documents/BMOC/Summer%20Ferry%20Schedule%202017.pdf

I cheated and looked at his posting history. He is asking about a motor scooter, not a mobility scooter. So the answer is no as you noted on the Orange Route.

I would assume the NCL ferry won't take the mopeds but I wonder if the wheelchair restriction will apply to that ferry.