High Speed Train-Venice to Rome

cormike1

I have asked and got replies about the trains from Venice to Rome already but here is my question. A friend doing a cruise next year said that there is a high speed train from Venice to Rome that only takes about an hour. When I said the info I got from asking here on the Italian Port thread was that it took about 3 1/2 hours he said there was a faster one. My questions is of course.....Is there a train from Venice to Rome that only takes about an hour?

Thanks for all your help, yet again lol!!!!

I think they are mistaken or pulling your leg....

The fastest trains in Italy are the Frecce trains (Frecciargento, the name of the line that goes between Rome and Venice means "silver arrow" in Italian); they travel at speeds in excess of 150 mph on this route and take about 3 1/2 hours as you already read.

Perhaps they are confusing the amount of time with flying?

Edited by cruisemom42

I have asked and got replies about the trains from Venice to Rome already but here is my question. A friend doing a cruise next year said that there is a high speed train from Venice to Rome that only takes about an hour. When I said the info I got from asking here on the Italian Port thread was that it took about 3 1/2 hours he said there was a faster one. My questions is of course.....Is there a train from Venice to Rome that only takes about an hour?

Probably a rocket... Venice to Florence is 2 hours. On to Rome is another 1,5 hours. That is on the fastest trains that do 160 mph.

Maybe your friend was talking about the train from Rome to the port which is an Express train only on ship days that takes 50 minutes.