Ravenna Port Shuttle

Freebo

I just found out that the cruise ships in Ravenna dock miles from the historic center.(I thought the harbor was right next to the old town). Is there a shuttle from the port to the historic center, or do you need to use a taxi?

That will vary depending on your particular cruise line and sometimes it can even depend on the particular cruise of a line (i.e. HAL may have free shuttles on a Grand Cruise but not on normal cruises). If there is not a free shuttle they will often have some kind of paid shuttle service. There are a limited number of taxis at the port. There are also a couple of local bus options, although this can involve having to walk out of the port to a bus stop.

Hank

If you are on a Royal Caribbean cruise they will provide a shuttle into town for which you have to pay. I can't remember the price but when we did it a couple of years ago I had researched getting into town by public transport but for the cost involved - and the lack of hassle - we opted for the RC shuttle.

A shuttle was provided for us on the Regal Princess. The cost was $5-$10, can't remember but it was reasonable. You def can't walk as the area is country roads/trucks going to/from port, etc... The ride took about 20 min and your dropped off at Piazza Anita Garabaldi (44.418365, 12.204207). Your provided with a map by a local tourism person and there was a discount coupon on admission to the sites from what I seem to recall. Most sites are about 10-15 min walking distance, mostly clustered together. Your picked up at the same location and there is a nice supermarket on the corner if you need any supplies. Via di Roma, 164 FYI: This market closes a few hrs in the afternoon

Ok so I found my Ravenna map and notes. The Princess shuttle was $16pp which was put on your on board account. I don't know who your sailing with but I think the shuttle is universal to all the cruises?

Thanks to everyone for the input. I leave for the cruise in 7 days!